40 gal Reef Build (SeaClear System II)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jaysauce

Just starting my first reef tank. Did a lot of research and bought Chichas01's SeaClear System II setup. I had a 29 gallon glass and was planning on doing a HOB refugium but then I saw his acrylic tank and how he did the refugium in the back of the tank and wanted to do the same.

Tank has been up and running for a week. Move everything from my 29 gallon to the 40 gallon SeaClear successfully.

Equipment:

40 gallon SeaClear II acrylic tank
(1) Koralia 2
Remora protein skimmer with Maxi-Jet 1200
Coralife Aqualight, 2x96 watt PC's (Actinic/10,000k)

Will post pics soon....

hey Jay, good to see ya on the boards! One thing I had considered with this tank was re-plumbing it with a larger fuge in the bottom of the stand. Would take some drilling if you are feeling that adventurous. Another guy here did basically the same thing with a larger 70 gallon system II I believe. Let me know when your ready for some chaeto.

Modified System II

Hey Jay,

I'm that other guy. I have a Seaclear 75g System II that modified the plumbing on. I wanted a large sump/fuge to maximize overall gallons in system so HOB skimmer and media all in back of DT and nearly 35g in a 40g sump tank with over 30g as a fuge. I have a thread in 'Tank Design' forum under "Modified 75g System II" I started out w/o a skimmer using Miracle Mud but have since added a Eshopps HOB skimmer. Your welcome to come up and check it out before doing any drilling and purchasing of supplies.

Todd

I'll be around this evening if you want to stop by. Let me know. I like that that light has a magnetic holder. Will it provide enough coverage? It almosty looks like you might need 2, but I really can't tell for sure.

I'm looking around for a nice MH/T5 combo fixure if anyone can suggest a good light for less than $400 because I am planning to add corals into the tank.

Back