400g Finally Getting Back on It's Feet

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

o2manyfish

o2manyfish
Hey Folks,

Its been a difficult year for me and the hobby. After some major setbacks (1700+ SPS lost) my tank is finally starting to recover.

Sorry for the links to my site - But it was the easiest way to share the numerous photos.

For those that have kept up with my situation - This 400g tank still needs to be replaced, hopefully the incompetent tank manufacturer will do the right thing before the courts force him to.

Tank is 96x33x28 - Acrylic - Entirely Open top - Lighting is (6) 250w Helios DE 20K and 1 400w Avalon 30K DE - Circulation is over 26000gph (no typo) plus a 32g surge tank (12' up) that cycles every 90 seconds with a calculated force of 28000gph.

Here are some shots of the tank:

www.o2manyfish.com/400g_Sept05_1.htm

www.o2manyfish.com/400g_Sept05_2.htm

I have a webcam you can control to look around the tank -
www.o2manyfish.com/camera.htm

Just thought I would share the recovery of my tank.

Dave B

Great to hear things are looking up. I really think the web cam is pretty nifty, nice job.

Dave - thanks for keeping us updated!! Glad to see the tank is in recovery mode. Hope things go well regarding the tank manufacturer.

about time Dave :D I was wondering if you were ever going to get this baby rocking..

p.s. you coming to macna yet?

Thanks for the Kudos guys... It's actually not that much rock - About 700lbs - But it's almost all Tonga Flat slab rock - It's mounted to the back of the tank.

All the Rock on the left side of the tank is only 2 shelves - It's acutally entirely hollow. I built steps out of Fiberglass safety grate - And the slab sits on top. So minimal dead spots... There is basically over 120g of empty space under the rock on the left side.

Yo Scott, I am not planning on MACNA yet...However a couple of vendors have talked about hosting me... So who knows maybe we will drink again -- LOL

For you guys enjoying the webcam, the surge tank has been off for the last day cause I got a new pair of Seahorses and wanted to give them a chance to settle in - I will probably turn the surge back on tomorrow (Friday) wait till you see the surge on the cam -- It's amazing.

Dave B

Dave B

Back