48 hours to kill a clam

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

windwaterwaves

Aquaholic
So my clown fish undermined my clam and he slid down and flipped upside down for about 12 hours or so while I was gone, I turned him right side up but he didn't seem ok.

Then yesterday I picked him up and just shook him a bit to see if there was sand or something in it, and a thing that looked like a bristle worm dropped out, alot of missing flesh in the clam, and well.. now I wait and see.

I have little hope, and he was extremely healthy. Do I need to worry about the worm (looked dead) or will it be fine if I pick up another clam?

Thanks..

Take Two.. It looks like my new snowflake eel may have been the one to pull him over, then take some bites, because the shell is now completely cleaned out...

Anyone?

Don't buy another clam until you remove the snowflake eel. I had one kill about 10 of my clams. And it liked my favorite one's first. They are bad news when it comes to clams

I had to tear the whole 120g reef apart to get the eel out. It took the better part of a day to do so.

Sorry

Well that sucks... We had a snowflake eel a year or so ago before the clam, then I picked up a clam, and a couple of weeks ago picked up the new eel (adult 15") from a retired tank. My daughters like the eel, so looks like no clams until I do a secondary refuge tank... I guess lessons are always learned after the fact eh...

Thanks..

Back