5.5 Gallon: Part 2

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

MGDMIRAGE

Shoulda been a fish!
I took down my 5.5 gallon a couple months ago and put everything into my 20 gallon long. Every since i've missed my 5.5, and mostly i think it's because it was right next to my monitor on my desk, and i spend a lot of time there :) So looking over and seeing nothing there kinda depressed me, so here is the start of my second 5.5 gallon.

This is where i am at currently. I have a foam rock wall that has a cutout for a koralia nano and a part that sticks out of the wall to conceal the ATO float switch. The intake is built into the wall so it's more seamless. Anyway pictures describe it better :)

SDC11140.jpg

SDC11140-1.jpg

Equipment i will be using for this tank is: Nova Extreme SLR 18" T5HO, Modified Skilter for fuge and will connect to hidden intake, Hydor 50w Heater, Koralia Nano.

I will be putting a shallow sandbed in soon.

As for livestock i'm thinking mostly zoanthids and mushrooms(not super original), but i'm thinking of going mostly SPS in my 20L.

Let me know what you think!

cool idea, hope to see you get it back up again!

Thanks Tony, i'm actually going to buy a CPR style fuge/skimmer combo after seeing your frag tank hehe. Then i'm going to use my 5.5 gallon that is currently my 20 gallon's fuge for this tank. I definitely miss having a desktop reef to stare at while at the computer.

Hay , pretty sweet tank iv been thinking of doing a 2.5 for my desk just wondering were you got the foam rock wall if you could let me know my email is [email protected] hope to here from you soon

Back