52 gallon cube project

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

That's a really nice tank!!! Should be a nice build!! I am planning out a new tank as well just trying to figure which direction I wanted to go with it. Love the look of cubes and looked into the Perfecto cubes which is one of my considerations. :)

it is a much bigger clone than my nano!!! I deffinately like it, cant wait to see how it progresses

Started the stand today. Got the skelaton glued and screwed and realized it looked to tall so..... I dismantled it and shortened up the legs and got it back together. I'll let it dry for the night and then try and get som plywood cut tommorow. Then it will be time to seal it up and start painting the inside.

Looking great so far, I wish I had the resources and the handyman ability. Tools.. tools too lol. Cant wait to see it finished.

Progress is very slow.....I had hoped to have water in the system by this morning. Plywood is cut and installed, finish nails and glue. Main stad access door is cut out and edges routered, along with a small door out the back for ventilation and cord access. Last night was able to get a hole cut to install my RK2 in the right side panel. All the interior seams have been sealed and I hope to get the primer and paint on the inside this weekend. It should be able to hold about 4 gallons of overflow of the sump before water would run out on the floor!! I flooded my old hex tank many times so I built this stand with a little reservior capability. I will take some pictures in a bit when I get it in the house to warm it up for painting.

Back