55 gal is gone I need some ideas for my next adventure

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

darklcd

nursing eel
hey all

As many know I just lost my trigger and following that I took my 55 gal down and I was not and am still not sure what to do.

I have been going back and forth between either going smaller or larger and i was thinking of going huge.

I am trying to get some ideas on what I can do with a 10' wall and a door that can handle a 30" width. Now that I have a good paying job and an understanding wife I am trying to get some amazing ideas and I thought that this would be the best place to go.

Please all input will me looked at.

Thanks all for your ideas and your support when I lost my trigger as we all know that really sucked

Are you sure you want to go monster tank? I understand you have a few bucks burning a hole in your pocket now but you seemed to get frustrated quickly about what you had before and I don’t want to see that potentially happed to you again. I am also one that can speak from experience about jumping in too deep. A super size tank can be very satisfying. It can also have a lot of money invested in it a huge loss if something were to go very wrong and a huge investment in time. Think it thru very thoroughly before you commit to anything and then when you do, make that plane on paper or email it to your self like we talked about before and stick with the plane. If you don’t, and again this is experience talking again, you could regret it.
Erik

the best thing about big tanks you can catch issues faster then a small one. but as ac7av said you can lose big time with a crash. just have to know what to look for in corals and also in coraline algea fish ect..... it is alot of money to invest plumbing and flow along with lighting skimmer and the list goes on.

LOL... technically my tank would fit in that space but you might want to check on how much your floor can handle. Keep in mind that once you have a monster tank, plan on a 5 digit number for the price tag of just equipping it, entire buckets of salt for a water change and a 3-400 a month power bill., not to mention redoing the ventilation in your house to handle the evaporation etc.

until you are sure you want to commit most of your free time for the next year getting it set up and not have the ability to sell the system for 1/4 of what you have in to it. Stay with a more managable size IMO

Last edited:
Back