55 gallon-drilling

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cool
yours is very similiar to what I am designing
I will look forward to exchanging progress reports with you

any updates?
How is the flow working out for you?
Having two bulkheads feeding your sump. I am a little concerned about my design and would like to hear about your wet feet instead! :)

Hi all...sorry it has been awhile since I have posted. I was in California for my daughter's graduation...Go Fowler class of 2007! Since I have been back, things have gotten really fun!!!

I finally added livestock to my tank, after 70 days of set up. The first were:

1) True Percula Clown
1) Six line wrasse
1) Feather duster (that turned in to two!)

This all in addition to the 6 or so margarite snails, 2 zebra turbos, and 3 hermits.

A week later I added another True Percula...and 3 days ago, a Twin Star Goby and 5 nassarius snails.

The tank is working great! The skimmer kicks some serious booty! I had to modify it due to a breakage where the air hose attaches to the intake...Thanks to Impur from another forum, I was able to ream out the opening and insert the tube. This added more air and uped the skimmer output more! I have got a few pics, including some very rare pics of the twin star. He is quite elusive!

Enjoy,

Kris

fish010.jpg

fish008.jpg

fish003.jpg

any updates?
How is the flow working out for you?
Having two bulkheads feeding your sump. I am a little concerned about my design and would like to hear about your wet feet instead! :)

The design is good. One of my overflow boxes is not completely sealed against the edge of the tank. I don't feel like ripping things apart to fix it...as it works fine. However, there is quite a bit of noise from that external standpipe. If I allow any air into it, it is quiet, but the level in the overflow box is too high. No air and it lowers the level, but is a little noisy. It seems as if I have a lot more flow into the sump from that side as well. It feeds the fuge (which still only has rock and sand in it).

The two Hydors are working out. They add quite a bit of flow. I have one on each side...one feeds the back of the tank and the other the front. I switch them around every two to three days.

Anyway....love the hobby!!

Kris

Back