55 Gallon Food grade barrels

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

nano24

I am picking some up Saturday......And I am going to use two, is anyone interested in getting in on a couple also? Going to get at least 4, so I will have two for sale. Everyone seems to want $80+ for them.....
I'm going to want $50 each......let me know if you want one....

You might want to look at craigs list. Several people have food grade barrels for sale $20-$30 in the south sound.

check dels farm supply. I got a few 55 gallon pickle barrels from them in the past for 15 bucks. I would look around more before I fork out even $50 each. Thats a little too hi. I got mine here in tumwater.

I've always used 55g barrels from brownbear car washes (free)... i just rinse them out real good, and they've never harmed any of my fish..

Brave soul you are.

I would never use any barrel regardless if its food grade or not unless I knew for sure that that the barrel was only used for food. I also would want to know the supply chain of it. In another word I would never buy one off the street unless I knew for sure where and when it was used last.

Its not that hard to find ones from end users that the last item in was food. Its not that hard to find food processing plants in the area that will either sell or give away their used barrels.

You might be able to clean then out and all might go well but not worth the low $$ to get the right barrel in the first place then taking a risk that you might kill the whole tank.

Back