55g filtration to reef or not to reef

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Right now the skimmer I'm looking at most is the Octopus 150, rated for 150 gallons. I called the company today and they told me I could plumb the skimmer outside of the sump using the gate valve kit they sell. Anyone have experience with this brand or can recommend a skimmer with a minimum rating of 75g?

Heres the link

I really like my octopus skimmer. If you do a mesh mod you get even better performance.

what about an asm or a css.

ASM is going to stop production on their brand of skimmer and is now promoting Octopus brand. Havent looked into CSS yet, but they have become more popular so that says something.

I really like my octopus skimmer. If you do a mesh mod you get even better performance.

Whats the mesh mod? I'm going to have to use the gate valve kit already so I can use it on a dry application.

I'm going to try to get a new tank from the movers. When they shipped it, they put the CC inside the tank and it came hella scratched up. The stand is chipped and massively scratched as well. Anyone know of a online tank vendor? I'm looking for around a 55g with a built in overflow or I'm going Hex.

Back