560L Mixed coral tank from Malaysia!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

seismic

Balaenoptera musculus
A side shot of my tank...more to come....

tanksideae7.jpg

I know the pic is not that good...any comments will be much appreciated!

Very nice! How long has it been set up? Can you list your tank equipment, and a livestock list? It looks beautiful!

Hi all...thanx for such good comments. That really is heartening to see...

Heres another photo...

tankside1xu6.jpg

The tank has been set up since May 2005. Started out as an FOWLR then moved on to softies...later LPS...and 3 months ago...sps...still has got a lot of space for improvement.

The tanks equipment is in my signature....is it visible to you guys ???

Lets see...the livestock...its quite a long list...I'll start with the fishes..
Fish:
Desjardinii tang
Yellow tang
Hippo tang
Maroon clown
Lawnmower blenny
Blue Green Chromis x 3
Pink face wrasse
Red Coris wrasse
Yellow Tailed Blue Damsel
4 stripe damsel x 2
Yellow Damsel x 3

Inverts :
Cleaner shrimps x 3
Camel shrimp x 2
Banded Boxer shrimp
Turbo Snails x 4
Blue Legged Hermit Crabs x 2
Blue Crocea Clam
A porite covered rock filled with with colorful Christmas tree worms (i love these fellas)

Corals :
Torch Coral
Hammer Coral
Frogspawn
Yellow and Purple Elegance
Colt Coral
Kenya Tree (I think)
Green Star polyps
Clove polyps
Various mushrooms (about 3 types)
Ricordia Florida
Zooanthids
Pagoda Coral
Merulina Ampliata
6 different Acropora sp.'s
Montipora
Pocillipora
Seriatopora

I think thats it...I may forgotten some....

:oops: yes, your tank specs are visible....I just didn't look at your signature line.

How long have you had your elegance coral?

Beautiful setup! How are you liking those sargent majors??? We have tons of them here in the wild and I had a few small ones in my tank and boy were they terrors:p Thanks for sharing your tank with us!:)

I've had those elegance for about 2.5 months now. Saw them both in the LFS, grabbed 'em both and put 'em side by side....the yellow one seems to be a bit more dominant than the purple one. here's a pic of these two...

elegancemt8.jpg

I got the sergeant major about a year ago, and like you said, it is a terror. Ive tried many times to catch it but it always eludes me. After some time I gave up, it still goes after all the new intros for a few days then leaves them alone. Got it when is was 1 inch long...now its about 2.5 inches long and fat!!!

Thanx blueyes, the sailfin is always following the yellow tang around. The yellow does all the hard work picking at the algae and the sailfin grabs it....

Thanks steven.

For the last 3 days or so, I've noticed that the blue tang was always hanging around the elegance.....especially near the purple one

elegancetangmn1.jpg

Pic taken a few hours after a 30% water change.

Last edited:
Well, I actually saw a spurt of growth when I changed out my actinics to ATI actinics. Within a week I could see growth on all the sps's. I also feed them every night with marine snow and phytos alternately. Every day I add some different trace elements. I actually dont change the water that often, probably once a month actually. The water stays crystal clear thanx to the skimmer and the ozoniser.

The only problem I have is fighting phospates. The tap water here is crap, so I need to use phospate remover additives every time I do a water change. I also plan to get a reactor for this soon!

Back