6 line wrasse with 2 clownfish?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

bighitrider45

clown fish
hi, I was wondering if i could put a sixline wrasse and 2 clown fish in a 20 gallon long tank, or would the 6 line kill my clowns? Also I was wondering if there was any other type of creature that kills bad hitchikers because one of my zoo colonys has been closed up for about 5 days and i was thinking it might be a nudibranch and i want tto get rid of it

I have two clowns and a six liner and they get along really nice, 75 gallon though.

josh

hi, I was wondering if i could put a sixline wrasse and 2 clown fish in a 20 gallon long tank, or would the 6 line kill my clowns? Also I was wondering if there was any other type of creature that kills bad hitchikers because one of my zoo colonys has been closed up for about 5 days and i was thinking it might be a nudibranch and i want tto get rid of it

What other fish do you plan on having (or have) in the 20 gallon?

There are some threads that can help you with your zoanthid colony. Have you inspected it for a predator, yet? Here is a thread where finn discusses a dip for zoanthids: best fungus treatment. Also this attachment shows what the egg cases look like of the zoanthid eating nudibranchs: View attachment 3558 (from the thread Zoanthid Hitchhikers). Here is a thread with more information: Disappearing Zoanthids.

Before adding a fish you may not have planned for, I think a good inspection of your zoanthids will be necessary to determine what is going on with them. A 6-line wrasse wouldn't be a solution to the problem with your zoanthids.

Hope this helps!

spongebob ur reply makes no sense but i think u mean clowns but its in a 20 gal...

sorry dood ... i meant i have kept 2 clownfishes (ocellaris) and a six line together in my 37 and they never fought.

I totally agree with Nikki ...check your zoos and read the threads they're very good and helpful.
if the zoos haven't opened yet you might wanna try dipping them in lugol's iodine if you wanna be safe than sorry.

ohhh yeah six lines ..... i believe (i'm not to sure) but they don't eat nudi's.

I'm not sure if it'd be pushing it a little with 3 fishes in a tank but like Nikki said, i'd wait and fix the zoos first.

Last edited:
yeah....so my set up is i have a 20 galon long wiht 2 clowns (false percs) and 2 peppermint shrimp, i have at maxijet 1200 and a prism protein skimmer (upgrading to an aqua c remora in the future) also i am hopefully getting another 10-20 lbs of live rock this saturday....... also I have 6 smallcolonys of different types of zoos and 2 heads of frogspawn.

I don't know that I'd recommend the 6-line in a 20 gallon. I know how large my 6-line became before it was given to a fellow reefer, and based on its behavior in my 120 gallon, I just don't think it would be suited for a 20. It constantly cruised the rocks and was always on the move.

What are your other fish plans for the 20 gallon? Have you thought about what fish you want to add other than the wrasse?

The 6-line would be fine with the Clowns if the tank were larger. I had a 6-line and that little fish was all over my 125 before it went carpet surfing:mad: My Clowns actually picked on my Wrasse.. Clowns are Damselfish don't forget and even Ocellaris Clowns can be aggresive towards tankmates. IMO, the 2 Clowns are enough for a 20 gallon unless you add something really small like a Clown Goby .

Back