6 Line Wrasse

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Not friendly at all. They're great fish, IMO, but can become big bullies to many different species of fish. There's also a high likelyhood of them munching your shrimp. That being said, I still love them, and have had them in several of my tanks, causing other fish a bit of grief.

I've had one for over a year now and they are amazing fish but they are like stealth assassins once they get bigger. Much like Michael even though they are total jerks i still love them. I'm getting rid of mine soon and will miss him but he really is a bully around my smaller fish, he needs to be around some biggins.

I've had a couple of them and think they are a great little fish. In both I never saw the aggressive side. One I had for about 4 years before a rock slide got him and the other jumped after a year.

I had one for a year,recently I got some berghia nudibranches but before I got them I was planning to taking him out because he will it them. Guess what he did jumpped out the day before I got the nudis lol kinda did me the favor, I didnt have to tear my tank apart. Really cool fish though.

I put one in with my Royal Gramma and it almost killed it. Once the Gramma stood its ground I have had no issues and they are friends now.

Sounds like lots of mixed emotions with these fish, but overall everybody still likes them. I'm about to try my first one. Getting the one from mgdmirage. Hope he's not too much of a jerk for me. I wonder how long my peppermint shrimp will last? I forgot I even had them for a minute there.

We actually were just talking about getting a 6-line wrasse for our tank and found this website to be extremely helpful:

http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/Wrasses/Sixline.php

Biggest points I got from it were that the wrasse needs to feel "welcomed" to the tank (thus why it's suggested to let them acclimate for four hours before letting them free in the tank), they need about 3 inches of sand, and it is also suggested NOT to buy any more fish after the wrasse, because that could make them more aggressive.

Hope this helps!

They can be super aggressive. When I set up my 270. I through him and some chromis in. I threw in 5 fairy wrasses a few months after that and it killed 4 of the 5 in a couple days. It then swam up to me and laughed at me! If you are planning to have other wrasses just make sure to put him in last.

Sounds like lots of mixed emotions with these fish, but overall everybody still likes them. I'm about to try my first one. Getting the one from mgdmirage. Hope he's not too much of a jerk for me. I wonder how long my peppermint shrimp will last? I forgot I even had them for a minute there.

Hes never bothered any of my inverts, he lived with some peppermints and my Fireshrimp for about a year and I never saw him touch either of them. Even little hermits he hasn't bothered so your shrimp may be just fine :)

I'm really anxious to get him! My car just broke yesterday or I would come get it now!

Hes never bothered any of my inverts, he lived with some peppermints and my Fireshrimp for about a year and I never saw him touch either of them. Even little hermits he hasn't bothered so your shrimp may be just fine :)

I have had several 6-Line wrasses over the years and has always been one of my favorite fishes. None have ever bothered any of my inverts but a couple were real Turds to Blennies & Gobies and a couple were real passive and fell victim to my Dottybacks (also cool & cruel). Like Hawkfish they are best behaved when added last or very small.

Todd

Back