6 Months...thank you to you!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

cookie

cat
So I have made it to the six month mark in my journey as a saltwater aquarium keeper. I would not say it has been easy and at times it has not been fun. To be honest, there were times that I felt much regret for the whole thing and had wished I never started spending money on the stuff. However, after an initial 1400 bucks, I felt that I could not turn around and kept on pushing though. I am glad that I did and want to thank some of folks here on RF who have been so helpful. I recently got rid of my LTA who ate my VERY loved Foxface Rabbit fish along with one other fish. My newest editions are a rose bubble anemone that I am enjoying MUCh more than the LTA, my little true perculla just wont have anything to do with it though. I think he really misses his LTA but I was feeding that thing more expensive meal that I myself eat. Another really exciting thing that I just got yesterday is a thing to make RO/DI water. I finally bit the bullet and got one. i had only been using tap water. I did a water change today with the RO/DI and I just feel like everything looks better. I am probably just making that up but I am really happy to have a RODI system so that I can be giving my fin family the best! I also have a gamma uv sterilizer that I have been running for about three weeks...not sure if I have seen much benefit but hopefully its doing some good! Well, I just wanted to post this to say thanks for those on here that have supported me thus far and hopefully will continue to support me. Also, if anyone out there is just starting out, its hard, time consuming, expensive, frustrating but.....I think its worth it!

Wow Cookie, the tank looks beautiful. Congratulations on passing the first 6 months marker. Love your selection of coral and your tank looks very well maintained! Since it is a saltwater tank, I wouldn't add the catfish....they only like freshwater :)

Wow Cookie, the tank looks beautiful. Congratulations on passing the first 6 months marker. Love your selection of coral and your tank looks very well maintained! Since it is a saltwater tank, I wouldn't add the catfish....they only like freshwater :)

Ye he! yeah I will leave the cat on land! Thanks for your comment!!

Nice looking tank, Good work! The anemonie+crab is sweet lookin. That tank is really clean looking for 6 months. My algae stage seemed to last forever =P

Nice looking tank, Good work! The anemonie+crab is sweet lookin. That tank is really clean looking for 6 months. My algae stage seemed to last forever =P

That crab gets on my nerves sometimes but he is cool. I get a lot algae after a water change but hopefully I will see a reduction in that now that I am not using tap water! Thanks for the comment!

nice rock work for flow, nice purple coraline algae,

Tank looks fantastic! Really clean! Good Job!:)

Tank looks fantastic! Really clean! Good Job!:)

Thanks Ed...not sure if you remember but you really offered ALOT of help and support in my beginning stages. I hope to meet you and thank you in person someday. Thinking about coming to the thing in July, just need to find out more details. Thanks again!

Thanks Ed...not sure if you remember but you really offered ALOT of help and support in my beginning stages. I hope to meet you and thank you in person someday. Thinking about coming to the thing in July, just need to find out more details. Thanks again!

Cookie,
Thanks for compliment. You are the one that had the patience and took time to learn on your own. You did a awesome job. I look forward to meeting you. I am sorry I did not see this earlier. :)

Back