600 Gallon Update

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are the corals on the end just "plugging" into the sand?
Yes I broke them off the rocks so they would have some room to grow before reaching the waters surface.

The target parameters are as follows:

Calcium 360-420ppm
Alkalinity 8-9 dKH or 2.9 - 3.5 meq/L
Magnesium 1200-1300ppm
PO - 0
NO3 - 0
Temp. 76-80F

Cheers,
Kevin

I know Charlie....I know. We'll see. I am not a big fan of the cold weather months except for hockey. Might have to wait for the thaw. I am sure Kevin will still be there.

Reed,
You and Charlie could come over and we could BBQ some steaks have a few beers and talk shop :) . Being an empty nester I have a few bedrooms available. I also have a deck heater :D

Cheers,
Kevin

your tank looks amazing! I can't wait to have colonies like that. patience is my virtue

you guys are evil. Kevin, you're too kind. I will see what I can swing. Need to find a place to stay with a little one and possible the pooch, but I will do some checking. I'll PM you later Charlie.

you guys are evil. Kevin, you're too kind. I will see what I can swing. Need to find a place to stay with a little one and possible the pooch, but I will do some checking. I'll PM you later Charlie.

Yeah, we are:D:D:D See what you can work out Reed. I have to run over to Palouse anyways to pick up some stuff, unless I can get her to meet me at Kevin's store.

Where are all the anthias? I figured the tank would be packed with them by now! I see that you added some pyramid butterflys. How are they? Nipping any corals?

Where are all the anthias? I figured the tank would be packed with them by now! I see that you added some pyramid butterflys. How are they? Nipping any corals?

Patience grasshopper :) Pyramid butterfly fish are 100% reef safe. I thought about getting a school of them but it's only a 600 :D

Cheers,
Kevin

Back