600g FOWLR Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I love the DC pumps. I run them exclusively. Those look like they are controllable with a reef keeper or apex?

I would think so. They didn't give a whole lot of details, just that it was coming out beginning of November and that the new pumps will be compatible.

HOLEY SH.....That's a nice build. I think I need to start playing the lottery again. Super job. I can't wait to see it full of rock and fish.

Thank you, I did make it myself. Its using a T-Slot bars from 80/20. The stuff is very easy to work with and can make about anything you want with it.

super nice tank. so lets see more pictures. so when do you think you will have rock and water in it

Sorry been on vacation for 10days. I have the structures built and closed loop built. I am going to try and get the rock attached maybe Friday.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk 4

Update!! I got the rock work maybe 95% done, I ran out of Marco Rock to finish things off, but the basic idea is here. I am needing a few bigger pieces to go on the right side/back to build up that wall and extend the far right leg forward, and some smaller pieces to cover up some of the LocLine. Tell me what you guys think..any suggestions? Sidenote. I only drilled and used a few acrylic rods on some of the arches, also only used pvc for the column in the middle. Also couldnt get the marco mortor to work with the Marco rock very well, maybe I didnt do it right or use enough but the rocks are pretty heavy and stable, so will just leave it.

Left

Middle

Right

From left

From right

I have decided to rework the right side, placed an order for additional rock, so once it comes in I'll post some updates of that side

looks good..

why do you have pvc pipe running thru the tank for closed loops?
why not drill underneath so the only thing you see in the tank is the nozzle?

just curious...

Very nicely done. Since this is a FOWLR, maybe you could mix up a small batch of aragocrete to mold around those flat-cut pieces in the middle? Nature abhors a straight line, and you won't have coral growing in to cover that up. The aragocrete would color up in time to match the rock and would take away the visible sharp edges.

Still, you've done a beautiful job! I know what it's like to pour so much effort into something just to have people tell you that it should be done differently. Just a friendly suggestion. Keep up the good work.

Back