600g FOWLR Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I will be adding sand to cover them. I wanted a raceway for my closed loops. 2 separate loops with two pumps. I will run one for 4-6hrs and switch to created a tide like effect..plus didnt want a bunch of holes in the bottom of the tank.

I have considered putting some soft/sps/anenomes in the tank just need to find some that the angels wont have a taste for. That is a good tip, i should have more pieces left from my order I may just drill some different pieces.
Thanks for your input, I would much rather take the input in early than after its full and harder to make changes.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Your choices of angels will be limited since you plan on having SPS..

<knock on wood> I only have LPS and the 7 large angels that i have in my tank have not bothered my corals (yet).

Update!! I got the rock work maybe 95% done, I ran out of Marco Rock to finish things off, but the basic idea is here. I am needing a few bigger pieces to go on the right side/back to build up that wall and extend the far right leg forward, and some smaller pieces to cover up some of the LocLine. Tell me what you guys think..any suggestions? Sidenote. I only drilled and used a few acrylic rods on some of the arches, also only used pvc for the column in the middle. Also couldnt get the marco mortor to work with the Marco rock very well, maybe I didnt do it right or use enough but the rocks are pretty heavy and stable, so will just leave it.

Left

Middle

Right

From left

From right

really nice job on the rock work. i really like your center tower. how did you make it. did you drill the rock and use a acrylic rod. i plan on making 3 of them for my 160 gallon tank.

i have a question. how do you link more then one picture to a post. i always just post one picture at a time. thank you for your help.

For the center tower, I ordered some of Marco's Prime cuts (mix of single and double cuts). Use a double cut for the base and drilled a hole using one of his diamond bits. Using 3/4" pvc i just kinda randomly drilled (off center) different rocks and stacked them on the pvc.

To post more than one pic, I upload all my pictures to Photobucket, then copy the image link and paste in the reply. Just enter down to the next line and repeat :)

I got the rock in yesterday and was able to rescape the right side. How does everyone feel about the changes?
Old

New

I also took the flat bottom rock off the left side and replaced it...Thoughts?
Old

New

Wow, I just saw this thread and can't wait to see it in action.

Can you provide a little more info on the skimmer you are using for this system?

Quite the project! Looking really nice. Can't wait to see it fired up and full.

Sorry for the delays on updating.

The skimmer I am using was built by Bashsea www.bashsea.com Its a 10-36" twisted skimmer hooked up to a Coralife Sl-65 air pump. Dont think you have to have the airpump as it will pull a lot of air in, but with the pump on there is a difference in the bubble production. Bashsea came recommended to me by Marine Designs who built my tank. It is 100% made in the USA. The thing that really sold me on him was he didnt try to up sale me or anything. I called and discussed my plans for the tank and he provided some suggestions and also told me that I didnt need certain other filters. The construction is topnotch, and has several components that can disassemble for cleaning. Only negative is there is no manual, no big deal.
To bring everyone up to speed on the process. I started by putting water in the DT just above the 4 bulkheads (about 9" water) and let that set for several days to test the BHs for leaks. I had a small drip out of one BH so I dropped the water into the sump (using that water to test the bulkheads and pumps for leaks) while I cleaned off the gasket and tightened it back up. Filled and let set several more days. No leaks! Filled sumps and fired up pumps. Developed a small leak out of the Hammerhead main return pump. Of course this happened about Xmas time when Reeflo was closed, so the tank sat as is. Got the new bracket in, swapped out and no more drip. During the down time, I updated the Profilux and my computer to the latest firmware/software which went without a hitch. Fired everything back up and noticed that the water level in the 2 100g tanks was slowly rising. Picked up a few 2" BHs and installed a secondary 2" drain to help the 1.5" drains that currently drain the sumps. Havent tested the 2" drain yet but will today, but I'm sure it will handle the extra flow. I also got my shipment from Reef Bytes (www.ReefBytes.com) for my Profilux order in yesterday. Full new set of probes, Vortech controller, optical level, and an extra level card for the computer. I'm hoping to get these installed today or over the weekend. The fishroom currently looks like a small bomb went off as I have had to move things out of the way to get the 2" line in place, but should be able to get things back together and snap some pics over the weekend or tonight.

crazy,

thanks for the update...when it is full of water, send some pics this way. :D

the skimmer design looks similar to MRC skimmers.

He didn't say, just told him what I had and that I wanted to have a skimmer larger than what I needed. He recommended the 10-36 to me.
The tank is full of RODi water, will be adding salt over the weekend. It is pretty similar I would agree, never liked MRC's prices though.

Wow, can't believe I forgot to post pics of it full...Here ya go! I don't have any pics of late, but will try and get some up after the holiday.

The fish acclimation pin.

Back