Zoas, Zoas, and more zoas! Oh and 2 clams.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

eddiecorrea

Reef Addict
So I decided to build this tank from scratch because I could never find the specs I wanted and I always wanted to build a tank. Specs are 25lx12wx10h. It has a 3inch built in AIO. For my first custom tank I'm really happy with how it turned out. This was started in April.

Tank-
Custom 25lx12wx10h with 3inch AIO

Equipment -

Eheim 50 watt heater
MP10ESw
Apex JR with PM1 and PH Probe. WXM to control MP10
2 Kessil Sky Blue A150W
Nimble Nano Glass Cleaner
Maxijet 900

Inhabitants -
Small Ocellaris Clowns w/ RBTA
Yellow Watchman with Candy Pistol Shrimp
2 Emerald Crab
2 Feather Dusters
2inch Maxima Clam
1inch Crocea Clam
Various CUC from Reefcleaners

Corals -
Sunny D zoas FAVORITE
Fire and Ice zoas
CAR zoas
Whammin Watermelons
Blue zoas
Fruit Loop zoas
Lunar Eclipse zoas
Blue Agave zoas
Pink PE's zoas
Mean Green zoas
White speckled zoas
Green Goblin zoas(I made that up)
Couple other Zoa variations and some palys.
Green Slimer
Green Plate
3 Red mushroom
1 purple mushroom

All pics with a P&S. Waiting on my new DSLR!

New FTS!
IMG_0473.jpg

TDS
IMG_0480.jpg

And some random coral pics. Not all of them just the ones that turned out decent.
IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

IMG_0478.jpg

IMG_0482.jpg

IMG_0484.jpg

IMG_0487.jpg

IMG_0489.jpg

Crabby!
IMG_0490.jpg

IMG_9841.jpg

New LR I put in when I transferred over to this tank. Has a really cool dead SPS skeleton on the back side.

IMG_9844.jpg

Not very good pic.

IMG_9843.jpg

Kitchen side FTS.

IMG_9847.jpg

These pics are all about a month old. I'll try and put some new ones up later today.

Beauty of a tank man!! Nice zoo's and paly's! Did you manage getting out of the sell by buying just a bucket of salt lol!

Beauty of a tank man!! Nice zoo's and paly's! Did you manage getting out of the sell by buying just a bucket of salt lol!

Thanks! I got the salt, and some snails along with a Yellow watchman. I went to Seaking Aquariums and got another clam and a small zoa frag.

Tank looks sweet....I missed out on the seaking clams. Like the black sand ,really makes the colors stand out.

Thanks Bill.

I really love the black sand. I've had black sand in 2 tanks now and have always liked it more than white. It hides debris but also allows the corals to show their true colors. Only downside is that it IS magnetic. :(

I just got a shipment of some new zoas in. I'll post the pics from the seller here as I don't have a camera to do them justice. Color is spot on to the pics though. Most accurate pics of coral I have ever seen.

1pblondy.jpg

mandarins.jpg

4pblueice.jpg

bambamfrag.jpg

In the 2nd photos, in the lower center, there is a green ' xmas tree' looking coral. What is that? It's in the 3rd photo as well, nearest to the clam .

Last edited:
Do those single head frags take a while to take off? I love the colors of all your zoas. Your sunny ds look awesome

Hey AJA i think you are talking about the Green Slimer Acro its a SPS coral.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Nice looking tank!
I've liked Zoa only tanks.....simple, and pretty when done right....
Looks like you've done it right.

Nick

In the 2nd photos, in the lower center, there is a green ' xmas tree' looking coral. What is that? It's in the 3rd photo as well, nearest to the clam .

That is a green slimer. My favorite SPS.

Do those single head frags take a while to take off? I love the colors of all your zoas. Your sunny ds look awesome

No they didn't. While it is best to always start with atleast 2 polyps I've had good success with singles. I seem to be able to add atleast 1 head a week on all my zoas. My colonies with atleast 20 usually add 3-5 per week. Pretty rapid growth.

Hey AJA i think you are talking about the Green Slimer Acro its a SPS coral.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

That is it.

Nice looking tank!
I've liked Zoa only tanks.....simple, and pretty when done right....
Looks like you've done it right.

Nick

Thanks alot! There are a few SPS in it but those are just because my wife wanted them. But I really love zoas. Always have.

New head a week. Very curious about what my tank does. I don't think that fast.
Could it be from not enough light? All my levels have been awesome except magnesium that's usually 1200 or so.
You have some beauties that would make people wanna frag swap with you. ( cough me cough )
:) keeeep it up

New head a week. Very curious about what my tank does. I don't think that fast.
Could it be from not enough light? All my levels have been awesome except magnesium that's usually 1200 or so.
You have some beauties that would make people wanna frag swap with you. ( cough me cough )
:) keeeep it up

Haha thanks. I NEVER test anything. I'm lazy so I just do it based off look and growth. Change about 5% water every week and call it good. Seems to work for me.

I am constantly having people wanting to swap with me. At this point I don't know where I would put anything. Most of my rock is full and the few spots I have are reserved for very select pieces. But I'm always willing to cut stuff and sell it for cheap.

So I just got a new Canon T3i. So I took some quick pictures. Have no idea how to use this camera yet but I haven't updated my pictures in forever!

1/2/2012 FTS
IMG_0133.jpg

TDS
IMG_0138.jpg

Blondies.
IMG_0128.jpg

Clam
IMG_0127.jpg

Candy Apple Reds (my favorite)
IMG_0126-1.jpg

Sunny Ds, Whammins, Fruit Loops
IMG_0120.jpg

Green Slimer
IMG_0081.jpg

Feather Duster. I thought it looked cool.
IMG_0083-1.jpg

Last edited:
How do you like the kesils so far? I've thought about getting a few A350W for my 90. The tank is sweet BTW, got any frag packs for sale lol.

This tank is so bright. Really loving what you have accomplished. Hats off to you.

Thank you. Bright was my goal.

How do you like the kesils so far? I've thought about getting a few A350W for my 90. The tank is sweet BTW, got any frag packs for sale lol.

LOVE my Kessils. I don't think I'll be getting another light anytime soon. Might be starting a 3gal Pico soon and will be using a Kessil. lol.

I always have frags for sale. Right now I have CARs and Sunny Ds. 2 polyp CARs and 3 polyp Sunny Ds. Can make other as requested.

Back