65g mixed reef and 45g frag tank

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Love those duncans. When can I swing by to pick some up. :D (j/k)

You said you have a 250 on this? just a single with the actinics? Does the tank have a center brace that causes a shadow in the middle? I have a 65 All Glass Aquarium with a center brace and that is why I decided to do dual 175's with T5Ho's for actinics.

Once again, you have a very impressive set up.

Cheers,
Alex

Last edited:
Love those duncans. When can I swing by to pick some up. :D (j/k)

You said you have a 250 on this? just a single with the actinics? Does the tank have a center brace that causes a shadow in the middle? I have a 65 All Glass Aquarium with a center brace and that is why I decided to do dual 175's with T5Ho's for actinics.

Once again, you have a very impressive set up.

Cheers,
Alex

Let me know in advance when you are in the area and I can frag those duncans for you.
Yep, single 250w with actinics. Tank has acrylic center brace, but no shadow in the middle. I would have done dual like what you are doing if I have known.

red hornets....started out with 3-4 polyps end of August.
5a010466-1.jpg

very nice colony of red hornets,they are fast grower for sure...i didnt notice the rastas,they look a bit different than mine....is it from marvin too?

Yes.
Pic from camera phone, can't capture the fine details.

Last edited:
i got the see this tank in person and the pictures don't this tank any justice simply amazing tank!!!!

Your gonna have to get some of those red hornets out of your tank or they will take over.. I will save your system from them if you need. I will dispose of them properly!!

Let me know in advance when you are in the area and I can frag those duncans for you.
Yep, single 250w with actinics. Tank has acrylic center brace, but no shadow in the middle. I would have done dual like what you are doing if I have known.

I'll send a pm when I plan on being down that way.

I definately would like to check out your lighting system on the tank. Like I mentioned I am doing my set up with dual 175 SE, but I would like to see how a 65H tank looks with a single mh bulb.

Cheers,
Alex

I got to talkin to Lorrie, and was bragging about how awesome your tanks are, and had to stop by and see myself, this looks AMAZING! I am new to the game, and your tank, makes me drool! haha

I got my very first mushroom added, 2 nights ago, and am just so eager to add more!! haha I could totally replace my TV with your tank and sit there for hours... I already do with mine, and i am pretty bare! lol Take a look see here

Back