7 Gallon Minibow powerhead options

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

spllbnd2

Have a quick question on the Hydor Koralia powerheads. With a 7 gallon minibow that will be housing coral frags and may someday be converted to a mini reef should I go with,

A. Hydor Koralia Nano x2 or x4 (flow rate shown is 265gph)
or
B. Hydor Koralia 1 x2 (flow rate shown is 400gph)

I am attepmting to give a good flow without going overboard and stiring everything up in the tank, as it will have some sand in it. I've heard that these things can really get things moving a bit to much in such small tanks. Tank will hold SPS, LPS and softies as well.

Thanks,
Alex

I would go with the nano 2. A regular Koralia would use up too much valuable real estate

That is what I am afraid of with the #1. I've heard the Nanos are about the size of a large egg, so I figure at least 2 or maybe even 4 of those.

Alex

Have a quick question on the Hydor Koralia powerheads. With a 7 gallon minibow that will be housing coral frags and may someday be converted to a mini reef should I go with,

A. Hydor Koralia Nano x2 or x4 (flow rate shown is 265gph)
or
B. Hydor Koralia 1 x2 (flow rate shown is 400gph)

I am attepmting to give a good flow without going overboard and stiring everything up in the tank, as it will have some sand in it. I've heard that these things can really get things moving a bit to much in such small tanks. Tank will hold SPS, LPS and softies as well.

Thanks,
Alex

By the x2 I am meaning 2 or 4 of the Nanos or 2 of the Koralia 1's

Sorry for any confusion.

I would do 2 nanos. After aqua scaping you will have 5.5/6 gallons of water and with 265ish GPH turnover rate you should be good. My concern with the 1's would be a sand storm.

Thanks boosted306. The sand storm is what I am a little afraid of getting if I go with the 1's.
I am leaning towards the 2 nano's because of the size and if I need to I could always get 2 more in the future.

Thanks,
Alex

Back