150 gal SPS build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

image.jpg

Got a great deal on two MP40w ES pumps. They both were never used and the guy just needed cash due to unemployment. Never owned one of these pumps, what is the best setting to run?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.7 KB
Update!!

Slow going on the build, but like everyone says patience is a virtue. Wanted to share with everyone my finished sump, I placed a 55 gallon barrel in the sump for scale purposes. With this sump I wanted to keep it simple with my overflow area, frag area and fuge/return (dimensions, 72" x 24" x 16"). I plan to have a friend build my stand next weekend and when that's in I can dry plumb the tank.

image.jpg

-galvin

Dave Peppel (Pepcrylic) made the sump for me. I'm definitely pleased with the build quality. I highly recommend if you're looking for a sump or tank have him build you one, you won't be disappointed.

Nice build thread... Using any tips or insight into my next 160+ gallon upgrade. Keep the updates coming! I like the sump sizes and layout too

Nice build thread... Using any tips or insight into my next 160+ gallon upgrade. Keep the updates coming! I like the sump sizes and layout too

BEAU_RN thank you, and the build is slow going due to traveling for work and the two sons who consume a lot of my time! If you have any feedback please let me know. My hope is to dry plumb the tank this weekend or at the least have the stand built for the sump.

It's slow going but hopefully when it's up it will be up for many years to come with much enjoyment! We moved our tank to the basement and I don't get so view it as much but it still brings a smile to my face every time I walk down the stairs and see my clownfish protecting his clam. :)

It's slow going but hopefully when it's up it will be up for many years to come with much enjoyment! We moved our tank to the basement and I don't get so view it as much but it still brings a smile to my face every time I walk down the stairs and see my clownfish protecting his clam. :)

I just want to take my time and get everything set up the way I would like it.

I just scored on getting a WXM Module to control my Vortechs. Been busy with work and my kids has pushed my build back, but not too far. Some rearranging in my garage is needed to build my stand for my sump.

Back