75 Build

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

jc130b

Torn down my 55 and upgraded to a 75. The 55 only had 2 clowns and a engineer goby, which are now being stored in a 10 gal tank. A little bad news the goby decided the grass was greener on the other side and jumped out of the tank to check it out, so this morning when I got home from work I found him dead on the counter (I'm bummed I have had the goby for about 5 years, got him as a baby and he was about 10" long when he died).
Anyway back to the 75 I bought a sump which was to big for the orignal stand that came with the tank so I built the stand out of 2x6's (it is strong). I wasn't sure how to put hinges on and also I didn't want a center brace so the doors just slide in a grove on the top and the bottom slides in. I like it alot better then having hinges, I can move the doors out and they don't get in my way. I put the water in about 5 days ago and have not done any water test yet, will do those tonight. Everything looks good so far the skimmer is pulling out a little bit of junk, I think I will need another power head in the tank.
I used the rocks and about 35 gals from the 55gal tank, the sand is all new (dry when I put it in tank). I didn't get the rocks as clean as I should have (got in a hurry had to go work) but I hope the dirty rocks don't screw me up to bad.

Please add any comments or suggestions.

If water test looks good tonight should I add some clean up crew or cheato or wait for awhile longer.

Very different! Eager to see how it looks in the long run with coraline growing all over it and corals in there. Good luck! :)

Very different! Eager to see how it looks in the long run with coraline growing all over it and corals in there. Good luck! :)

I'm eager to see how it will look too, I will post pics as time goes on.

Back