75 gal tank ideas?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

reefgirl78

Lighting for SPS other than halides?
Sump size?
Controller type?
Auto topoff brand?

I want this tank low energy lighting and practically running itself (as much as it can). I still have my ro water system from my last tank.

Thanks in advance!
Alison

The big new thing in lighting is leds, and you really have a wide variety of makes and models to pick from.
On the high end are the Radions and on the other end are the Evergrow models. Barrier Reef sells both.
I believe Rob at Red C has some Evergrows as well, then there is Ocean By Design, they have some too.

I would pick the largest volume sump you can possibly cram into the space available. Big is good.
I happen to be using 2 different auto top off units.
The JBJ ATO is one I have been using for 6+ years and love it. Fairly inexpensive and reliable.
I also have a Tsunami AT1 on another tank and it seems to be pretty good.

Agree with mfinn as far a controller I really like digital aquatics product. And my jbj water tol off works flawlessly

The big new thing in lighting is leds, and you really have a wide variety of makes and models to pick from.
On the high end are the Radions and on the other end are the Evergrow models. Barrier Reef sells both.
I believe Rob at Red C has some Evergrows as well, then there is Ocean By Design, they have some too.

I would pick the largest volume sump you can possibly cram into the space available. Big is good.
I happen to be using 2 different auto top off units.
The JBJ ATO is one I have been using for 6+ years and love it. Fairly inexpensive and reliable.
I also have a Tsunami AT1 on another tank and it seems to be pretty good.

Thanks! I'll look into all that. What pump do you use for the sump? I had iwakis and loved them but they ran hot and were sucking electricity.

Thanks! I'll look into all that. What pump do you use for the sump? I had iwakis and loved them but they ran hot and were sucking electricity.

Are you looking for a external pump or internal?

For a 75 gallon tank, I would look for something in the 300 gallon per hour to 400 gallon per hour to be used strictly as a return pump.
I like the slower flow return. I save the turn over flow inside the tanks for power heads or closed loops.

Back