75g modified System II w/ Miracle Mud & NO SKIMMER

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Oh I forgot to throw in pics of my last 2 fish 'Mr McCoskers' and a Tailspot Blenny :D

And might as well toss a few pics of some of my favorites I have also.

System Update

So I picked up a Eshopps HOB skimmer from Mike ( Herefishyfishy ) great little skimmer all around for alot less than the ASM I had previously. I modified the adj side of outlet to fit under my canopy by cutting down tube and routing a coin slot into top of plug with my dremel for fine tuning. For those of you with a shallow style canopy for T-5's, PC's or VHO's this mod is needed so it'll fit underneath.

The water perameters have been great for not running a skimmer for this long but a little added help in removing gunk is always good.

Todd

Update time

Hey All,

Its been a while since I updated on this. I have had the Eshopps HOB skimmer up & running now a couple of weeks (great little skimmer) and also have reaquascaped a few times to accomidate new additions especially after the Midnight Madness Sale I ended up getting frags of sm Red Chalice, Pink Milli, Pink w/ Blue tip Acro, Green Slimer and a Target Mandarin since I have a huge pod population now. I also got a bunch of zoa/palys from Jeff & Christie Allen up in Marysville. I will add the baby Bangai Cardinals this weekend since they have grown quite fast over the last month.

Once again "Thanks to all who have so generously shared/traded/sold some really nice corals"

Todd

Attachments

• Red Chalice, Purple Gorgonian  & zoas 2-8-10.JPG
    Red Chalice, Purple Gorgonian & zoas 2-8-10.JPG
    99.1 KB
Hey Reed,

Thanks again and as I said your welcome most anytime to visit maybe even a little trading if either one us has any room left.

Todd

Well its been over a year now since I have updated this thread on my little 75 and thought I should do so before breaking it down for upgrade to my new 125. After a 10 year break from any SPS and only a few LPS colonies I held on to, all thanks to Small Business Ownership. Ten long years of 60-80 hr work weeks done with I have thoroughly enjoyed this past year plus establishing a mixed reef once again. So here is a handful of FTS pics followed by a few relatively recent livestock shots. All pics with my Pentax point-n-shoot, no fancy camera or skills like what you'd see from Brie lol

FTS 3-17-11
IMGP3314.jpg

FTS May 2010 ???
IMGP2240.jpg

FTS 3-26-10
FTS3-26-10.jpg

FTS 1-26-10
FTS1-26-10.jpg

FTS 12-23-09
FTS75g12-23-09.jpg

Cheers, Todd

Now for some more, after seeing Brie's top down shots I took about 100 pics and had a few turn out OK

IMGP3280.jpg

IMGP3309.jpg

IMGP3287.jpg

Thanks Krish, and here is a few more coral close-ups

Trachy
IMGP3365.jpg

Fungi
IMGP3398.jpg

Favia
IMGP3387.jpg

Chalice
IMGP3377.jpg

Acan
IMGP3376.jpg

NEXT

Monti confusa ???
IMGP3384.jpg

Favia & Dragonface Pipe
IMGP3414.jpg

Clams, Goni & Zoas
IMGP3338.jpg

Green Birdsnest w/ strange growth form
IMGP3330.jpg

Red Yuma
IMGP3388.jpg

Fish pics to follow:

Cheers, Todd

Hey Todd
I don't think you could shoe horn in anything else into that 75.
if anything breaks during the move I take crumbs you know.
Just kidding I would never wish for any of your corals to break during the move to a bigger home.
Some times I wish I had a 6 ft 125 gallon tank. It would make the up keeping so much easer.
I didn't realise how early on I saw your 75. You really know how to grow them out fast.
I've been watching your new build. I wish I lived closer to you. I would love to pick up some tips on the woodworking skills.

OK here is some fishy pics, damn they're hard to get good ones unless your trying to take pics of corals then there is always a fish in the way.

Feeding time
IMGP3464.jpg

IMGP3485.jpg

and at the algae clip
IMGP3445.jpg

and one of my favorites (poor guy just got bitten by Mama Clown)
IMGP3503.jpg

This one got way to big so I had to eat him :hungry:
1287620726620.jpg

Cheers, Todd

And finally a few last coral pics until the change over to the 125

Pink Birdsnest (wild colony with Acro Crab)
IMGP3555.jpg

Green Stylo
IMGP3615.jpg

Psammocora
IMGP3528.jpg

Yellow Fiji 'Sarcophyton elegans' I've had for about 8 years or so
IMGP3585.jpg

Magicians colony
IMGP3522.jpg

and a few last pics

Candycane Caulastrea echinulata
IMGP3392.jpg

Different Red Yuma
IMGP3391.jpg

Huge 4" Red mushroom
IMGP3621.jpg

Little Pink Stylo (from Paul aka Fragman)
IMGP3592.jpg

and last but not least my Purple bush Gorgonian
IMGP3527.jpg

Thats all folks, Todd

Erik, Lorrie thanks and anytime you are ever over my way I would gladly send you home with some coral starts.

Cheers, Todd

This really is a great setup! Still getting it fine tuned. Thanks for hooking me up! Just reading through this post makes me realize how much hard work I inherited, makes me apperciate it that much more! So thanks agian, hope to talk to you soon!
CMD his 125 is the most well done tank I've seen!

Back