A couple pics from Afghanistan....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

My wife and I adopted a troop in november we really appreciate you guys. We sent him a bunch of good stuff in time to get there before Christmas but haven't heard anything back yet. Oh and yea like Adam said you do have a lot of extra magazines :D.

Brian

Last edited:
my step bro is a ranger and just left becore christmas cant wait till he gets home we really appriciate everything you guys do keep it up hope to see you home soon!

OORAH!!

I hope everything works out as planned and the best for you 2! Where are you 2 getting married at? I'm still not married to my precious better half. It will be our 10th year anniverssary August 13th. Maybe that will be when we get married. Which is about the same time you guys are.

We're going to get married at my church. :) It's been a dream of mine since I moved here, and always a dream to get married in a church.

And I think it's about time, 10 years and a baby?! Definitely time. Hehe.

We're going to get married at my church. :) It's been a dream of mine since I moved here, and always a dream to get married in a church.

And I think it's about time, 10 years and a baby?! Definitely time. Hehe.

Yeah it has been some time. Our love won't change for each other with a license. We got our rings about 3 years ago.

hey

Hey Lisa thanks for being a great support to your future hubby :D what church do you guys go to? do you have a dress picked out already?

SO I;ve been pretty busy. We went out and found a couple IEDs on a trip a few days ago. ALso found a hand Grenade that was smuggled into the camp. With the Spring coming it will probably only get worse. ON the upside we moved intothe the new building that they built us. I hooked up my mini fridge and internet. Getting a lot of stuff done. Here are some pics from the past few days. One is even of our pet Monkey.

IMG_0162.jpg

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0167.jpg

IMG_0168.jpg

NOt a lot to report. Had a couple incidents and a few heart pounding moments. Nothing went bad though. Found some IEDs and some taliban... a few pieces of UXO that I blew in place. Here are a couple pics. That round is a 155MM arty round we found and disposed of. I taught one of our junior guys how to do it..he had a good time.

IMG_0189.jpg

IMG_0204.jpg

IMG_0182.jpg

IMG_0183.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0184.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

Is that a thumper? (Sorry, too much COD)
My younger brother's friend's dad is in the Armed Forces and said that his job is to sit high up on the base and snipe people. I have no clue if it's true or not but seeing that sniper made me remember.

Is that a thumper? (Sorry, too much COD)
My younger brother's friend's dad is in the Armed Forces and said that his job is to sit high up on the base and snipe people. I have no clue if it's true or not but seeing that sniper made me remember.

I don't know many snipers that hang out on base....but I don't know him so I won't say either way....

Yes that is a thumper. The one above it is a 6 round thumper known as a crowd pleaser.

some of those guns are from WWI wow

Yeah...but where is all the WWI booze stashed at...WTF!

Well, I just got in. We went driving around looking for a fight, but we were 5 trucks Deep 3 full of my ODA and 2 full of MARSOC (Used to be Force recon.) Noone wanted any....I can't imagine why...

SO instead I have lungs full of moon dust and I'm tired and pissed we still haven't found taliban....

I found out when I was over there when you go looking for them they cant be found. But when your not looking for them that is when they come out in droves. As for being someone that has my B4 (none army infantry type that is the term for sniper) we never stayed on base. We were always out on a hill providing over watch and looking for targets that happen to come with in range.

Yeah we do more combat response sniping. IE using Horus holdoffs and maneuvering to an overwatch. Usually with a 40MM equipped spotter so we can remove ourselves to a better position as it progresses.

So there hasn't been too much going on. Most things are quiet. I had some friends further away get into it and drop some bombs and such...but that's about it. Here are some updated pics. Broke out the sniper rifles and had some fun.

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

IMG_0211.jpg

IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0218.jpg

and the last thing they'll see in this lifetime...

IMG_0229.jpg

Alright I'm not even sure if anyone is reading this anymore but a I'm gonna keep posting. Today I will start you off with a funny story.

we were interviewing a bunch on new afghan soldiers

kinda feeling out their past etc

during that we try to discover their family ties through a medical exam by offering help to the family

this guy goes my wife she needs help

"okay what's wrong"

she's crazy...

"how so"

she does nothing I tell her to

"That's called marriage and welcome to the 21st century...I'm glad we could bring you cable and MTV"

Here is our terp from Cali awesome guy it's a shame he needs to go home. He was a great asset.

IMG_0234.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0235.jpg

IMG_0243.jpg

Back