A couple pics from Afghanistan....

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

I know it's a part of his job.

It's a joke that we have, I hate beards and he keeps threatening that he's not going to shave it off for the wedding.

Took a few down days.....

IMG_0247.jpg

IMG_0248.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0258.jpg

IMG_0262.jpg

IMG_0285.jpg

IMG_0297.jpg

IMG_0302.jpg

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i69/akunochi/work/OEF%2009/IMG_0305.jpg
[IMG]http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i69/akunochi/work/OEF%2009/IMG_0291.jpg

Last edited:
Dude it is COLD!!! I haven't gotten mail in a month because of a blizzard at the main base....

Dude this is only 2 months in to a 7 month trip....MUHAHAHAHA

and I might if the USA doesn't give me my combat pay soon....they are 3 months behind and that;s a 5000$ check....

Greetings akunochi

Hello there,

You posted earlier in this thread, you didn't know if anyone was still reading this thread, or string of posts....LMAO!!

Listen here, I personally find it remarkable and EXCELLENT, I encourage you to NOT STOP!!

We have a nephew who just arrived over there in afganny land too. A saergeant in the Army... He has about 6 months to do , comes home for a month, and then goes back for 6 months more we are told... sigh.

I / we are constantly concerned about him and others we know over there serving their country.. one of our friends boy, managed to snag EMBASSY duty.. (Marine of course), and got out of having to go back there a third time or tour.. He is in Northern Africa now and goes from embassy to embassy, after so long at one, he goes to another..FANTASTIC DUTY, he absolutely loves it versus his last two tours. 1st was Iraq, 2nd was Afghanistan, 3rd... is the gravy train tour. He still has to pay attention and look out for radicals that might decide to do some harm to the embassy or staff there, but basically, its chill time, and go see the local sights.

Can't say I am too pleased with the rules of engagement they have laid on everyone over there, kinda makes it real hard to fight effectively with a RAPID lethal response once attacked, but politics are politics.. and as forever throughout history, the soldiers are the ones who wind up suffering when big wheels get together and figure on how a fight is supposed to go...

But please, don't think its not interesting or boring. Just the scenery alone is very intriguing.. BIG fan of National Geographic since I was 6 yrs old..lol. So yer pics are like looking at the latest issue...!!

The only consoling story I got today was the bad guys are making IED's so sensitive that they are blowing themselves up, trying to plant them..ah.. too bad..:badgrin:

The above was a UK news article.. Main thing is getting home in one piece with a sound mind.. we are all pitching for you.

Take care, and please update often!

Pravdaseeker

Know you can't say where your at...not asking. I'm headed over eventually, be nice to run into a reefer like myself. Most people don't seem to understand why we spend the time and money we do on "fish". Good luck Stay safe

p.s. I hope we have as many "training" aids as you do, the rpgs look like a blast.

Back