A fast way to scrape coraline on Acrylic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Myteemouse

NOTHING
I was sooooo tired of scraping coraline off the inside of my acrylic tank with a kent pro scraper.. my Forearms would cramp up .. I do have 24 squre feet of glass to scrap..
So I ordered one of these pads the mighty magnet algae dozer pad that will go on any mag cleaner with Velcro...
I put in on my Hammerhead cleaner..
OH LORD why didn;t I buy one of these a year ago..
VERY CHEEP and works like a champ cleaned one side in about 1 minute..
the only thing I have to scrape now is the top/bottom and corners..

heres a link
http://mightymagnets.com/pads.htm#dozier

I was sooooo tired of scraping coraline off the inside of my acrylic tank with a kent pro scraper.. my Forearms would cramp up .. I do have 24 squre feet of glass to scrap..
So I ordered one of these pads the mighty magnet algae dozer pad that will go on any mag cleaner with Velcro...
I put in on my Hammerhead cleaner..
OH LORD why didn;t I buy one of these a year ago..
VERY CHEEP and works like a champ cleaned one side in about 1 minute..
the only thing I have to scrape now is the top/bottom and corners..

heres a link
http://mightymagnets.com/pads.htm#dozier

so what one did you order for the hammerhead?

I was hoping to find an acrylic scarer I could mount to the hammerhead, thus allowing me to scrape the corners and the bottom

would these work good on glass? I'm currently using a metal edge, but I have to hold it in my hand, as the light blocks any sort of stick attachment.

Would love an easier way to scrape coraline...

BTW it doesn't work well on the HUGE chunks on the glass (1/2" or bigger) but the little dots it works GREAT!

glad you finally got one. I have been telling you to get one for ever. LOL. i was amazed too. now you just need to get rid of that crappy hammerhead and step up to a real magnet. lol

crap...about the 1/2 inch thickness...my tank is 1/2 inch acrylic, so I dont think this will work. (?)

k..i have a great white magnet...dont have an issue with the coralline algae per se, but the hard brown algae...i assume this magnet will take care of that??

k..i have a great white magnet...dont have an issue with the coralline algae per se, but the hard brown algae...i assume this magnet will take care of that??

for the brown hard algae you want the algae sock not the dozer. i would get the socks and the dozer. both are a must to have

I'm using a mag flip...claims to scrape algae and will not scratch acrylic, but I do see minor scratches. Will this pad works with my magnet? I'll call the company to get more info....I'm tire of scraping algae too.

the dozer is a pad with a bar across it the magnet has velcro that this hooks to. if yours have velco then it should work. now the socks are different. if you have velcro then the small ones will work. if not you will need the larger ones and they are true socks and your magnet drops in them. the smaller ones are socks cut inhalf so they are sheets. I hope your understanding. lol

yes I agree I got the dozer and the algae cutter sock I ordered both and it cost me 17 dollars with shipping :)

fishoutofwater,

must have been a long day and brain isnt working, as i don't see the sock as a choice.

could you pls send the link?

thx

Back