A fast way to scrape coraline on Acrylic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Can anyone who has used these compare them with the dobie pads?

41A6BBRNh1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just wondering if these are worth the extra cost and shipping.

I say give it a shot I was so happy I danced a jig right there by my tank :)

(but those of you who know me this is "Par for the course.")

I say give it a shot I was so happy I danced a jig right there by my tank :)

(but those of you who know me this is "Par for the course.")

LOL, I ordered a couple of these yesterday along with some replacement pads. I am anxiously awaiting there arrival. If they work as well as you describe I will dance a jig also, I spend more time "mowing" my glass than I would like, even though I only have to do it every other week or so. Very little of my light hits the side of the tank so I do not get a lot of the soft, easy to remove green algae, but in the same time span I get a surprising amount of coraline.

Thanks for the tip on this.

Sunday night when you posted this I thought to myself no way is this for real. I have an acrylic tank and I have tried everything the lfs told me to use. I wanted to order a new large tank but I did not want to have the clean it. I was always cleaning half my tank because it took so long. I ordered these sunday and got them in the mail today. I have not even used the sock yet but the dozer work so easy and so fast I cleaned my entire tank in about 30 minutes. Of course it did not reach into the corners too well against the glue so I will still do that by hand.

I don't care though because 30 minutes compared to an hour and thirty is nothing.

Thanks for the rave and the tips!!!!

I love it!

Last edited:
LOL, I ordered a couple of these yesterday along with some replacement pads. I am anxiously awaiting there arrival. If they work as well as you describe I will dance a jig also, I spend more time "mowing" my glass than I would like, even though I only have to do it every other week or so. Very little of my light hits the side of the tank so I do not get a lot of the soft, easy to remove green algae, but in the same time span I get a surprising amount of coraline.

Put your dancing shoes on and start to jig! I just got mine and it works better then I could imagine even with the raves about it.

Put your dancing shoes on and start to jig! I just got mine and it works better then I could imagine even with the raves about it.

Yeah, hopefully mine arrived today (I ordered them Sunday and they shipped Monday) I have put off cleaning the tank this week in anticipation.

Adam,

thanks.

I plan on buying one next pay period..the majority of cleaning time is scraping the front glass (I have no front access panel); everything else is automated

I did not see a before and after video. I just saw how to use it and he was using a single piece of plexi glass.

I will have to look into this as well. Looks like they found a great way to clean our tanks. Anyone know how long the doze lasts?

I did not see a before and after video. I just saw how to use it and he was using a single piece of plexi glass.

I will have to look into this as well. Looks like they found a great way to clean our tanks. Anyone know how long the doze lasts?

i have had mine for a couple years and still going strong

Cumon Kris you've one of the biggest front panels I've seen how does it work?!?!

Well I got it, but did not try it yet. By the time I got home from the Gym, did some chores, remembered I might have a package and walked down to the mailbox to retrieve the package, it was 10pm and the lights were out. Planning to use it tonight!

Back