A fast way to scrape coraline on Acrylic

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OK you talked me into it, I just ordered the Dozer as well as an aggressive Brown pad set. I have worked diligently to keep the coraline off viewable acrylic faces but it has slowly gotten a little foothold here and there.

Todd

if you have an acrylic tank, just make sure that they (age 4 and 6) don't use the magnet near the sandbed or else you will have scratches in your tank..(yes, this is from experience)..

:)

I need more tanks to clean, anyone want to have me come over and clean their tank? just kidding!

I want to use this bad boy some more.

I have close to 7 ft of glorious tank that needs to be cleaned, but that would be a heckuva drive just to clean a tank.

:)

Hey Tang

Hit up Mike last time I was at his house he needed some help. I believe he is off on Tuesdays still and I am sure he needs help.

ive been doing this for years lol on my fresh water tank lol it works awesome with a good hammerhead or great white

Dobie pads are the **** and work great as long as you don't run them on dry acrylic. As with any pad though, over time it's bound to leave a bit of that spider web looking scratches. Just cut the end off, remove the pad, place it over the wetside of your magnet scaper and you are on your way. You definitely can't beat the price and you can pick them up just about anywhere...jmo

Can anyone who has used these compare them with the dobie pads?

41A6BBRNh1L._SL500_AA300_.jpg

Just wondering if these are worth the extra cost and shipping.

Last edited:
I was sooooo tired of scraping coraline off the inside of my acrylic tank with a kent pro scraper.. my Forearms would cramp up .. I do have 24 squre feet of glass to scrap..
So I ordered one of these pads the mighty magnet algae dozer pad that will go on any mag cleaner with Velcro...
I put in on my Hammerhead cleaner..
OH LORD why didn;t I buy one of these a year ago..
VERY CHEEP and works like a champ cleaned one side in about 1 minute..
the only thing I have to scrape now is the top/bottom and corners..

heres a link
http://mightymagnets.com/pads.htm#dozier

any ideas as to why im getting light brown algea on my glass everyday, yes its 5 months old and only 46g and is overstocked with coral and fish, I have correline algea live rock but this darn brown light colored algea wont stop every other day.

Well if I wasn't so busy dancing a jig I could tell you how well the algae dozer worked, lol.

Adam was not exaggerating, I cleaned the front panel and both ends of my tank in less than 10 minutes (usually an hour plus job that I split into 2 nights (arm gets tired scrubbing at the tough stuff)) this thing plowed right through the coralline and the hard green algae spots I get!

My Acrylic needs serious TLC

I was sooooo tired of scraping coraline off the inside of my acrylic tank with a kent pro scraper.. my Forearms would cramp up .. I do have 24 squre feet of glass to scrap..
So I ordered one of these pads the mighty magnet algae dozer pad that will go on any mag cleaner with Velcro...
I put in on my Hammerhead cleaner..
OH LORD why didn;t I buy one of these a year ago..
VERY CHEEP and works like a champ cleaned one side in about 1 minute..
the only thing I have to scrape now is the top/bottom and corners..

heres a link
http://mightymagnets.com/pads.htm#dozier

Being height deficient and utilizing a step ladder, how do you remove boiler plate build-up off the sides of the end zones. Constantly re-sharpening the long kent-pro scrapers is skipping over and not popping it off anymore. My family says go AGA but they don't understand my reasoning for continuing with acrylic. My 48x24x25 is 11yrs old and needs a serious buff job and I am at a loss as what I can do. Oh yeah, the acrylic is thicker than standard. Just don't know about off-lineing the whole works to do a re-hab or save for new tank.

Any thoughts to help a salty-gal out.

well, I did it.....place an order for a dozer and sleeve pocket...order should arrive by next Tuesday...I am anxious to try this out as I am tired of scraping brown hard algae off the front of my tank with a kent scraper (which does work, but alot of elbow grease).

will let you know how it goes when I get it.

well, I did it.....place an order for a dozer and sleeve pocket...order should arrive by next Tuesday...I am anxious to try this out as I am tired of scraping brown hard algae off the front of my tank with a kent scraper (which does work, but alot of elbow grease).

will let you know how it goes when I get it.

You are going to love it, cannot believe how easy it made the scraping chores, only leaves you with the corners to do the old way!

NC2WA you will love it and it WILL take the brown dots off
I was soo sick of cramped forearms and numb wrists.
You wont be sorry
it;'s the best 17 dollars I EVER spent.

Back