A few ID's please...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

tjara03

My solana has been setup for about a month and I am noticing a few things on the live rocks which I got from another member on this site...

Could you all please help me id a few a these critters? Sorry these are the best pics I could get.

In the center of this pic... Its a little brownish thing..
DSCN2891-1.jpg

A few if these guys crawling around.. It looks like a small conch..
DSCN2888.jpg

At the top of the white spot it looks like some kind of clear polyp thing...
DSCN2892-1.jpg

And I figured I would throw in a FTS...
DSCN2896-1.jpg

Thanks!

Aptasia is my guess on the top. Middle guess is snail of some sort, is there a nuisance snail? Last but not least, I can't see anything, aptasia?

thanks guys.. I should have circled them.. I am pretty sure the first one is not aiptasia as its stalk is more solid and its not transparent...

I will try to get better pics later..

yeah there is tons of mini brittles in my tank...

I got a few better pics. I am just learning how to take better pics!

DSCN2910.jpg

DSCN2914.jpg

Thanks!

The first one in the second group looks like a pest nem. is it mostly clear with white tips or balls at the end the of tentacles?
The 2nd of the 2nd i'm not sure about. if it doesn't look like a nem to you then it could be something like a bunch of tube worms. I have some of that in a place or two in my tank...
if it doesn't look like a nem or a bunch of tube worms, we'll need another pic;)
Oh, tube worms are good. u might know that already, but if you didn't...
Stephen

One more thing... is your rock resting on top of the sand or does the rock go to the bottom, or is something holding it up like egg crate?
I like your aqua scapeing and the DSB, but if you answered the first one, then you might want to reconsider... if you ever get something that digs you'll be in trouble, and the rock might fall.

Back