A few pics of my Sps tank...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

toddsreef

Hi,

been registered and lurked but never posted on this board before. Have been a member of RC for 6 years and various online forums. Like the format and the peeps here.:D

tank has been in various sizes but has shrunk down from a 90 to a 65 when I had to move into an apartment a couple years ago due to a divorce.

2x250 watt Hamilton 14ks

Euroreef cs6-1

Thanks--They aren't as sharp as I'd like but I'm getting the exposure set to have the photo more match the color of the tank and it's about perfect. Ignore the signs of bryopsis--I've been battling it for years and at least have it somewhat under control...

Thats a pretty good size Porites? How long have you had it? They dont exactly grow fast....

Nick

Hey welcome to the forum! I agree that your porites is quite large, did you grow it out from a frag? I have had a frag of one for over 3years that only started growing new buds about a month or 2 ago.

What camera are you using there? A couple tips would be to turn off your pumps when taking pics (don't forget to turn them back on like I always do), Use a tripod, use the timer function so the camera is absolutely still, and manually focus it for taking coral pics. That should help out a little if you were not doing these things.

Hi guys--thanks for the replies.
Cool story about the Porites: It's a live rock hitchhiker from a batch of live rock when I upgraded my tank from a 55 to a 90 back in Sept 11, 2001 (I know, never forget that date, eh?). It was the size of a baby fist and smooth yellow--I threw it in the tank because it looked good but I thought it wouldn't live but it has and also has been fragged a few times but I agree with the fact it's a slow grower.:D

loohunter: don't be sorry about the divorce--it was the best move for my kids and I and now I'm engaged to an increbible woman and will be married in May!:

Big T: I do those tips except for the pumps...I need to play again with the setting to get it clearer but I'll consider them...oh--it's a Canon Powershot s-30 3.2 mp.

Btw--the colors are little bit more subdued than in real life, maybe another adjustment. I didn't run these through photoshop or anything to sharpen them up...just shrunk them a tad...

Back