A few pictures of my tank - Picture heavy :)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Derbird

Its been a while since I shared anything on this forum and I was thinking that was terribly rude of me

I finally got a cheap camera so I can share better pictures of my little friends :)

Dragon goby in his lair
100_0024.jpg

My pirzed Wellso brain
100_0032.jpg

The Sailfin hiding in the LPS garden (he hates the camera)
100_0030.jpg

Clowns in a condy
100_0028.jpg

A cool pic of the cleaner shrimp's antena
100_0035.jpg

Some nice zoa's I recenty found
100_0007.jpg

Hammer Coral
100_0019.jpg

Yellow coloy polyps
100_0018.jpg

Thanks for looking ;)

Thank you for kind words. That brain is my pride and joy :) And that hammer has grown from a 1 head frag to a 10 head beast. It is splitting a new head every other week right now :cool:

I'll try for a full tank shot. Its a challenge of a 125. 6' long and 20" tall. Makes for a funny long bright streak between the hood and stand, but I'll try :)

Hey, very nice! I like that frag rack. And that zoa rock, is out of place in your tank. I think it would look better in mine :) lol!

Hey, very nice! I like that frag rack. And that zoa rock, is out of place in your tank. I think it would look better in mine :) lol!

Yea ummm..... :nono:

Its a Thrive frag tree. Many LFS carry them now, and they are only $20. The only down side is they use suction cups but I don't want to lose magnets in my overflow so the suction cups work out well for me :)

Thanks guys. I haven't been adding too much to the tank. I have been working on upgrading my lighting. I did find a little something I liked though

I bought a 8 bulb tek light

100_0178.jpg

100_0177.jpg

I'm just saving up for the bulbs now but this should rock my 125. I see clams in my future

I also got the fish that started me on Saltwater. I waited almost a year for my tank to mature enough but I now have a stunning male Mandarin Dragonet :love: I can watch him peck at the rocks all day long.
100_0195.jpg

100_0197.jpg

And I am a bit parinoid abut being sure he has enough food. He is picking at cyclopeez and I have a fourty gallon refugium under my tank. But I have no idea how many pods make it to the main display. So just to be safe I picked up a HOB refugium from a fellow reefer to really explode my pod population. I know I probably don't need this but I figured it couldn't hurt anything to have more macro and LR rubble in the system so why not.

100_0202.jpg

Hum, I guess I have added more to my system they I though LOL

Very nice additions Thomas, 8 lamps should make a huge dif in being able to support any type of corals/clams now. Looking forward to seeing what you do in the future.

Cheers, Todd

Thats a nice light unit. You can keep clams under that for sure. Congrats on getting the mandarin. They are such pretty fish.

You are getting dialed that light will be a great addition to a really nice DT:)
What bulbs are you thinking?:flame:

You are getting dialed that light will be a great addition to a really nice DT:)
What bulbs are you thinking?:flame:

Thank you. I am a little worried about quadrupling my lighting but I figure start with a few hours and slowly increase it and hope not to burn my corals to a crisp :target:. I will finally be able to get more then just softies and hardy LPS (not that I'll will stop with those, I love my zoa's and LPS)

I'm planning on copying a friends lighting combo. They have absolutly insain color and everything looks out of this world in their tank.

4 ATI Blue Plus
2 ATI Aquablue Special
2 ATI Purple Plus

I like the ATI bulbs. They are affordable and seem to be built very well :)

Back