A little from the beaten path

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

capdippe

I know this is a reef forum, but I was a little curious as to whether or not any of you guys and gals have ever set up, large crazy tanks to house maybe a shark, predator tank, or anything very different from a reef tank (specific environment). I know it's a stretch but I was just watching some shark week footage, and couldn't stop thinking about all the life in the ocean and what people might of tried. Pictures would be very welcome.

Brett on this forum had a reef shark in a 1000 gallon tank over on your side of the state for awhile. BCT something is his screen name i can't remember the rest off of the top of my head.

I have 2 cat sharks in my reef tank... but they are only barely considered sharks.

Dog Fish

I had a dog fish 20years bak and loved it
I know this is a reef forum, but I was a little curious as to whether or not any of you guys and gals have ever set up, large crazy tanks to house maybe a shark, predator tank, or anything very different from a reef tank (specific environment). I know it's a stretch but I was just watching some shark week footage, and couldn't stop thinking about all the life in the ocean and what people might of tried. Pictures would be very welcome.

cold water tanks, preditor tanks are the newish things ( not super new) but way more rare.

i guess people (book told me) are doing deep water tanks but yet to see one.

Back