A llittle do it yourself lots of pics

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

staticx

So I got a 100 gal acrylic tank, came with sump and skimmer. I used a big solid oak dresser for the stand and made a few adjustments to fit the sump underneith it. I decided the sump was not big enough and I went and got a 60 gal and thought how it would be cool to have the sump under with it all showing. I also made the canopy so here are a few pics tell me what you think I still have to put some finishing touches on it.
sump1.jpg

sump3.jpg

sump2.jpg

5959.jpg

kkk1.jpg

sump5.jpg

Very Nice staticx

Hey looks pretty good Nice to see another Oregon reef keeper :) All looks good what are you thoughts on Flow & circulation on this tank? As for the sump size if you worry that its too small you can get away with a small sump recirculation pump and for more water flow go with a Tunze sys or a Ecotech Marine Vortech Propeller Powerhead Pump system.
What are your plants for this Full Reef? FOWLR??
Looks like a lot of good posibilities. ;)

Well I had thought that my sump was not big enough before but now that I got a 60 gal it should be good. I am going to do a full reef. I thouhg tfor the sump I will make it into a large refugium, so it will look like another tank and then I thouhgt i could do something down there that I cant have in my reef, any ideas?? Do you live in oregon too ?? I ordered some more live rock should be here soon I hope. I am still waiting for my tank to cycle hope that hurry's up

Sump Ideas:

We in the sump If you do have the room you can put in a refugium that can hold Macro algae Like Cheto, then Install a reverse Light circuit that on when your tank lights are off this will help in slowing down PH drop in your tank when the lights go off check out this Link to some nice Sump/Refugium Ideas.
And yes I live in a wonderful Spot in Oregon Just North Of the Army weapons disposal Plant and Just South of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation :eek:
Yes my fish glow in the Dark :D
You From the big city Portland?

Well I had thought that my sump was not big enough before but now that I got a 60 gal it should be good. I am going to do a full reef. I thouhg tfor the sump I will make it into a large refugium, so it will look like another tank and then I thouhgt i could do something down there that I cant have in my reef, any ideas?? Do you live in oregon too ?? I ordered some more live rock should be here soon I hope. I am still waiting for my tank to cycle hope that hurry's up

I will only cycle till everything is at zero. I will have more then enough room in my sump for a large refugium I am thinkin probly 40 gallon refugium, and yeah I will have it on a reverse timer. If I get any mantis shrimp on any llive rock I will probly throw them in the ref and see what happens who knows.I never saw the link you posted , thanks for all the feed back so far , any ideas for maybe fish in my sump??

Yeah I will have probly 40 lbs of live rock in my fuge, I dont kknow what I want to put in there yet though.

Hey here is a update
new3.jpg

new1.jpg

I first tried to silicone bafffles but they didnt hold so I had to use weld on #3
everything is going good so far I have to go get lights and live rock tommorow

I lost the picture of me puting in the baffles but I used dvd's to brace them and bags of gravel for wieght

Back