A new temporally QT specks

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

OldManOfTheSea

Hi again Nick, I gone out to the other lfs and surprise, the system has gotten larger

I talk with the guy and I was looking for ideas in which I could have a better system then before for the 40 is now strapped being that the only thing I could use from what there is only the tank it self.

Now I need you thoughts to this, the tank will now be a 120 and under it will be a 65 gal tank sump with a 20 gal H as the systems reservoir.

The cost just on the three tanks to do this are the,

120 $550
65 $130
20 H $55

The canopy I can not get a price until he order it and right now the canopy is to built 24" tall, or should this be a bit lower? And I will tell him I like two doors to open outwards.

Both skimmers I giving him on paper so that he might check them out for at his store is no skimmer that I would use. And the lights will be done later and being that now I a deeper tank and larger, will I go with two 250 watts MH and also they burn on both ends? I will not run these lights until im almost ready to begin with the SPS corals.

So those are the new figures here Nick, I like to hear what you think of it and if all is well for this, I will right on the 20th of this month go out and place a down payment on this and soon get the quote price for the stand and canopy.

I need to email this person photos of the tank stand I have on both the 180 and 240 so that he tries to match.

The reactor I will also get later with the lights upgrade.

I also told the lfs person that I will be needing jack supports due to that there be a crawl space under the house and he was suggesting that he could do this with stones and I told him to do it with both, stones and jacks, two jacks I requested.

And also the 1/4 HP chiller I have here will be put on this tank>

Thanks in advance :)

Maybe with this post, I might get some type of response>

OK, I spoken too Salty Waters>

OK, Aquatic Concepts which is now called salty waters will email me a price quote before the end of this weekend, lease he says he will.

120 gal QT reef system with a 65 gal tank as its sump and 20 gal H reservoir and also I spoken to him of a close Ioop system in which now will need two main pumps and I told him that I wanted the main return to be somewhat better then 1500 gph.

Also I told him to see about having the MR-2R skimmer and since now I will keep also the 40 for FO QT for I cannot add any medications in with corals and so I told him I have a DSB of 3.5 to 4 inches and if all that not go over or to close to $2,000> I will get to start with not less then #100 LR (uncured).

He will now put in the jack supports I requested for before he said that I had to call an electrician to do this>

He also made it sound that I will have a problem in getting the skimmer out of this system in which this statement coming from him have me at a lost.
So if he was going to say that he wouldn't do the supports, my next best bet I figured was that I have to drive out to Greensboro NC. to Aquamain's Fish World., about a two hour drive.

Also the 40 will stay as a FO QT and the corals with a number of fish that will stay in the 120 will only be a QT for corals and not any new fish arrivals for to medicate this 120 would become a huge problem and I will do nothing to upgrade the 40

Buddy

Back