A Very Slow Work In Progress... Take 2!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Make a kalk paste by mixing kalkwasser powder and RO water. Suck some up in a syringe and inject/cover the them. Having a few Peppermint Shrimp to make sure no baby ones pop up should do the trick.

I zapped a few that way, but I got scared. I dripped some on one of my mushrooms accidentally and it didn't like it! It didn't kill it, but it was a tiny drop. It definitely scarred it. Is this a big concern?
The pics don't show my porcupine puffer, but he thinks shrimp are tasty! Peppermints are a little pricey for fish food:lol:

I zapped a few that way, but I got scared. I dripped some on one of my mushrooms accidentally and it didn't like it! It didn't kill it, but it was a tiny drop. It definitely scarred it. Is this a big concern?
The pics don't show my porcupine puffer, but he thinks shrimp are tasty! Peppermints are a little pricey for fish food:lol:

Yup the puffer would be a problem. So would your lionfish...I cruised through the pics too fast for my own good. Yes the kalk will really bother corals if you get it on them. You definately have too be careful. It works though.

I've been reading on RC about using Drano for getting rid of Aiptasia. Just the basic one part Drano though, its mostly Sodium Hydroxide. Supposed to work great in small amounts. Even Randy Holmes Farley says its ok...

nice aptasia, whats your secret? :)
i wonder if you can put a frogspawn near them and watch him poison them? will you try and let us know what happens?

good luck

nice aptasia, whats your secret?
i wonder if you can put a frogspawn near them and watch him poison them? will you try and let us know what happens?

good luck

Seriously right...If you're here just to "stir the pot" then maybe you should find somewhere else to post because it is really getting rediculous.

Seriously right...If you're here just to "stir the pot" then maybe you should find somewhere else to post because it is really getting rediculous.

Thanks, Krish. I appreciate that. I don't appreciate condescending attitude... BTW the aiptasia is gone, thanks to Kalk, and everything is thriving in my tank. Sow how's the weather down there... trying to convince my family to move that direction. Screw this cold rain! Is it feasible to make a living there? We can talk about this in another way, but I gotta get out of this state!

LOL!! Weather is great!! Almost always is except hurricane season, but knock on wood, it's been great the past few years :) Good to hear the aiptasia is gone...Haven't had the experience yet dealing with them and hopefully I don't! :)

Last edited:
nice looking tank. Love the lionfish you may have to get a bigger tank when he gets bigger. Is he eating frozen or live food???

He eats frozen very well. Loves his shrimp! I occasionally spoil him with a guppy, but try to not make a habit of feeding live. But it is fun to watch! Ya, I know I'll eed a bigger tank... Keeping my eye open for the right deal on a 180. My RBTA is the biggest problem... It has grown huge... bigger than a basketball at times, and is stingng my starburst. Had to rearrange a bit tonight to keep things out of her reach.

I dunno waht your problem is dude, i was just wondering if a frogspawn was capable of poisoning tank pests. i am asking you for the last time to get off my back please. thanks

Originally posted by SeaMonster
nice aptasia, whats your secret?

Originally posted by SBO169
Thanks, Krish. I appreciate that. I don't appreciate condescending attitude

I dunno waht your problem is dude, i was just wondering if a frogspawn was capable of poisoning tank pests. i am asking you for the last time to get off my back please. thanks

Sounds like you were being sarcastic about the member's aptasia to me (poking fun) and they got the same impression as well which you will see from their quote above. If you don't like people "on your back" then maybe you should think twice before you say certain things????:confused:

Back