A video of my Vortech

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Blazer88

I got a nice wave dialed in and thought I would try and take a quick video to show the amount of movement from just one of these on my 65G. Almost makes me wish I had a tank full of softies to watch them sway in the current, lol. I only have a crappy webcam on my laptop but you still get the idea. Now lets see if I can do this right...

Holy cow Rick. I didn't beleive it the first time I watched it, so I watched it a second time. Wow! what a neat product. kind of mimics the ocean pulsing back and forth pretty well. can you adjust the frequency of the pulsations. Again - wow!

Yep, you can adjust the frequency of the pulse. Every tank is going to have a different resonant frequency in which the wave will start, it all depends on the dimensions. You just keep turning the dial to find the sweet spot and the water just starts moving like that. The best part is there isn't a single dead spot in the tank, water gets push/pulled into every nook and cranny. I don't generally run the pump like that though it sure is neat to watch (the wave will actually go over my overflow, lol). They have a "reef crest" mode which is fantastic. I can't wait to get two of these for the new cube.

Man that looks cool! I wouldn't dare put one of those in my tank. Sand would probably be everywhere. It's hard enough keeping the sand down with just 2 seio 1100 on a controller and 2 koralia #1.

Man that looks cool! I wouldn't dare put one of those in my tank. Sand would probably be everywhere. It's hard enough keeping the sand down with just 2 seio 1100 on a controller and 2 koralia #1.

The Vortech has a such a dispersed flow that the sand doesn't move at all. I had to be careful how I aimed my Seio's (I had two 820's before this) but the Vortech will put out 3000 gph and not move a single grain of sand. I'm quite impressed with it.

Back