A whole new dimension!!!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

It's been awhile since I've taken the time to take any pictures. Today, I had a little bit of spare time, so decided to pick up the camera.

Seattle Sparkler colony

6252369720_75464cc668_b.jpg

ORA Hawkins Echinata

6251851293_b31260aa7e_b.jpg

Top down of a couple clams.

6252385770_f32291337d_b.jpg

6252383406_d57decd728_b.jpg

6252389420_0b3b67e617_b.jpg

6252372790_b5ab9dfb75_b.jpg

Niiiicccccccee!!!!!!!!
Wish I could get my camera to do that

Thank you Peppie. It's all about learning the settings and practice, practice, practice.

Nice stuff Michael, actinic shots?

Thanks Charlie. Actinic shots aren't really possible, with my lighting set up. I have 5 Aquablue specials and 5 blue plus bulbs that alternate. Because of this, I have the ability to have "less light" and "more light," but the "less light" isn't just blue bulbs.

Awesome photos Michael. What are the dimensions of the FTS Tank in the photo?

Cheers,
Alex

Merry Christmas everyone! Madison's opened her gifts and is now back to sleep, Angie's at work, so I figured I'd post some photos I took recently.

I rarely take "fish pictures," so figured that's what I'd post.

6565058623_f78b3b0058_b.jpg

6565056023_328f02dcce_b.jpg

Male Flame Wrasse that I just got from WetPetsHawaii, the other day! He's still a lil' shy, so stays in areas that are difficult to photograph.

6565055555_e6f747a331_b.jpg

Birds of Paradise

6565045871_33c63bf2c5_b.jpg

Very nice Michael, great shots of the Mandarin. A trio of Flame Wrasses is on my wish list from Les but will have to be patient a little longer. Our yougest has not even stirred yet

Cheers & Merry X-mas, Todd

I can't believe it's been so long since I've updated this thread!! Well, with a big project going on, I figured now was as good a time as any, to update.

Over the past year, some really nasty, ugly and extremely toxic Palys have taken over a lot of the rockwork and about half of the bottom! Also, some mushrooms have sprouted up here and there and in some areas are really taking over. You can see what I'm talking about, in the video posted in the previous thread. Time to rid the tank of these PESTS!

Here's my plan, for the next few days.

I've moved a stock tank into the house. I also have a stock tank outside, about half full of saltwater. I also have a 75 gallon set up, outside, full of saltwater.

I will be completely emptying out the 200. Good corals and live rock will go into the inside stock tank. Rock covered with nasty Palys and/or Mushrooms will go into the stock tank outside. Fish will go into the 75, along with some good live rock for them to hide in.

Inside stock tank will be lit and a pump will be added for flow.

200 will be completely drained.

Nasty Palys will be scraped from the bottom glass.

Tank will be reaquascaped with pest free rocks as well as some dry rock that I have.

Good corals will then be placed into the tank, along with all fish!

I have the ability to light the inside stock tank so I can take as much time as needed, to do this right!

Once done, I will be posting before and after photos

WISH ME LUCK!!

Back