about to start my tank...

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

chunkofocean

i bought some (live sand) today and need ur opinionon on the brand please....

it CARIBSEA (ARGONITE)seafloor special grade reef sand.
did i buy to fast or is this good stuff....

thanks...

Cool...It's not too coarse as some of the others they have there. I think some people were saying they were having nitrate issues with the really coarse stuff, but not sure how much truth there was to it. The stuff you have seems like a happy medium (not too coarse and not too fine) so you should be good to go. I'd just keep in mind that you'd want to vaccum through it when doing your water changes to suck out all of the waste/detritus that may settle in it. Also with the kind of sand you are using, I wouldn't go too deep with it.

Good luck! :)

The dry is good, just rinse it well before putting in the tank, that way all the real small particles are out of the sand and your tank will be much clearer

+1 on rinsing dry sand before filling your tank. You'll be happy you spent 1/2 hour cleaning your sand.

i have the same stuff...i use to have sugar sized sand and hated it mp40 = tornado's in my tank. and rinse well half a bag at a time

thanks alot for the tip guys....

im having a curent problem with my new heater....its a eheim trutemp 3618.
Icant seem to set the thing...im just not getting the instructions for some reason.

currently my water temp is 70.f....for the thing to turn on its almost at full pin. i guess what im not getting is this built in calibration.... u unplug the heater, set the current temp( witch it wont go far enought arond to reach it......then plug back in and set real temp....

any one here have one of these.....

thanks

thanks alot for the tip guys....

im having a curent problem with my new heater....its a eheim trutemp 3618.
Icant seem to set the thing...im just not getting the instructions for some reason.

currently my water temp is 70.f....for the thing to turn on its almost at full pin. i guess what im not getting is this built in calibration.... u unplug the heater, set the current temp( witch it wont go far enought arond to reach it......then plug back in and set real temp....

any one here have one of these.....

thanks

That sounds wierd...Heaters are not something we typically use here, but the ones I am familiar with, usually you just sit them in the tank unplugged for a while to allow the heater to get get to the water's temperature and then from there, you can start adjusting it at about 2 degree intervals. Not familiar with the eheim heater though. Probably best to start a new thread dedicated to your heater question to get the feedback you need. :)

Back