Acan lords kept with Softies?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Just most of what I've read about their care says they don't like being kept with softies. Of which I have a few. But I also have a great skimmer so hopefully my 1 and only Acan will do well.

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

I've never heard that but I'm more of an SPS person. Maybe one of our LPS/Softy guru's will chime in.

I think I do acans well and favias kinda well .
Ive never had a prob placing my acans other than next to a monti that did attack.
Softies usually mind their own bizz....maybe worry about the soft coral over growing and taking over the acans light
I think ull b alright though
-d

Acans will eat most softies and leathers.
So dont place it too close.
Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Acans will eat most softies and leathers.
So dont place it too close.
Sent from my SCH-I405 using Tapatalk 2

Really!! So you think it'll eat these stupid Shrooms that have taken over my tank!?!?!? Lol
y6evy9u4.jpg

Acans should be fine with softies, as long as they don't touch....
none of the coral should be touching each other they'll sting.

my rainbow lord does well im my tank and is full of softys but it does have its own cave away from everything.

I just wanted to warn you. I had an acan eat a branch of one of my colt corals and a small spaghetti coral.
Acan Echinatas will also eat aussi acans, acan lords.
I didnt think that and acan would eat another acan. Well they are fine with their own species, but I had an echinata eat one of my small colonies of aussi acans. Couldnt believe it ate the whole thing. It was only 5 or so heads, but it really surprised me. They dont just sting, they actually suck the piece in and swallow it.
I love acans. All species of them.

Here are my girlfriends acans with her softies in the background and she has not had any issues.

8a9y3ebu.jpg

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Here are my girlfriends acans with her softies in the background and she has not had any issues.

8a9y3ebu.jpg

Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

Beautiful! Looks like she has some of the same shrooms I have...total PITA :)

i remember a thread on here some time ago that some1 had a fish picking on one of his acans, and the acan defended its self and ate the fish!!!lol

i remember a thread on here some time ago that some1 had a fish picking on one of his acans, and the acan defended its self and ate the fish!!!lol

Oh my!! I hope that doesn't happen to me! I've only got 2 fish :)

Back