Acro I.D.

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

ronj

Blue Tang
i got this coral from a guy locally...he said it was called an ( eflo?, or something)...it grows flat and it has yellow polyps..he said it would eventually turn purpleish when it regains its color...does anyone know what this is???

Last edited:
looks like a efflorescens to me. As well as one thats true colors are not even showing. You will have fun watching it grow and color up. :)

no biggie...but a little suggestion.......I would take it off of that plug and glue it flat. It will start to grow out much faster for you than if you left it sitting suspended like that

that goes for most all acros.......but especially ones like that as it will spend the first 6- 8 months encrustingif you dont

Last edited:
thanks for the i.d... i will move it to a good rock!! the colony that this frag came from was about 5x5....it looked pretty cool!!!! is it a fast or slow grower???

thanks for the i.d... i will move it to a good rock!! the colony that this frag came from was about 5x5....it looked pretty cool!!!! is it a fast or slow grower???

Yeah, they are defitnely cool looking. I recently killed both of my colonies along with everything else but just added a couple frags smaller than yours.

As far as how fast they grow....medium IME

mine broke into 2 pieces when i tried to take it off of the frag mount...i glued both pieces to a softball sized rock...the polyps have started to come back out now, so it seems to be doing ok....how did you kill your colonies?????

i just put a ton of flow going every which way around this frag!!!!!!!! i added a big pump to my closed loop!!!

Back