ACrO Macro's (pic heavy)

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

some new ones for ya all.. they are not all actual macro's
but the last one is my ORA red planet after I blew my turkey baster over it. pretty green
may22003-1.jpg

may22020.jpg

may22016.jpg

may22014.jpg

may22012.jpg

may22001.jpg

Last edited:
Well done... in fact excellent for the lens you were working with! Now my only criticism is that there are no names against the corals. I am not very good at identifying the animals from pics yet! I really liked the encrusting ones such as the third one (fifth/sixth pics) in the first post. What is it and what is the light requirement?

it is actually not an ancrusting.. I had a small frag there and decided I didn't want it anymore and sold it..
From the little spot that the frag encrusted this is what I got
All the pics in post #9 are of a tricolor tip of a branch that grew down and encrusted on the rock.
The colony was browned out when I got it and then only the tips turned purple so I sold it and the little branch left a spot and this colony (small as it is now) came from about 1/2 of encrusting branch..:)
Don't know the names of most of my stuff. I have rainbow monti superman monti
ORA chips and ORA red planet

its a ORA red planet with it's polyps just starteing to extend out.. I had to make it mad to see the base cause usually the polyps are so extended I dont see it

Awesome! Amazing polyp extension.

Could you list a few parameters:

- Alk/Ca
- What kind of lights you use and photoperiod

I for sure thought the 5th from top in your original post was purple bonzai. I need to get one of those tri-colors...

cal 420
alk 9
mag 1250
temp 76-80
ph 8.0-8.3
250w MH 14k coralvue on icecap elect.. ballasts
2x 48" Blue + T-5" on icecap660
T-5 on 11:30 am
MH on 1:00pm
MH off 8:00 pm
T-5's off 8:30 pm
flow in my 125 is about 5000 GPH give or take.
I feed at 5-6 pm every night.

Thanks; I don't want to hijact your thread, however, I always thought I needed more light than 250W'ers (400W DEs or more for example) to bring out crazy colors. What do you feed, anything live (such as zooplankton)?

Could you post a pic of the rainbow monti also, or is it one of the pictures already (hard to tell)?

WOW, I am a hobby Photographer, and this just puts a Macro lens higher on my list of future lens purchases.
thanks for the eye candy

the water conditions and flow weights the same IMO for coloring as lighting would.
the more blue the lights the better the color also the slower the growth. reason some online vendors are switching to LEDS to take photos under

Thanks; I don't want to hijact your thread, however, I always thought I needed more light than 250W'ers (400W DEs or more for example) to bring out crazy colors. What do you feed, anything live (such as zooplankton)?

Could you post a pic of the rainbow monti also, or is it one of the pictures already (hard to tell)?
post 24 pic 3 :)
WOW, I am a hobby Photographer, and this just puts a Macro lens higher on my list of future lens purchases.
thanks for the eye candy
no macro lens just still shots on 18-55 lens then cropped out.

really, Nice....I bought a Canon 40D with a kit lens 28-135mm ( which now I am better informed, hate this lens LOL)
but a macro was on my list anyway. I do nature photography, and those photos of the Acro are amazing.

Back