Acropora Millepora

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Are any you of guys doing any milli frags at this time. I am willing to travel. I have one rasberry frag riht now but and looking to add a hairy looking or purple to blue to my 120. Give me a shout if you are willing to do a frag.

Thanx

Hello reefers!!!

This is my first post here at this good forum..many of you may already know me as I've ben around now for many years...My name is Jeremy, aka Reefer Jerm, or The Doc....

Millepora's, and prostrata's are some of my choice acros as well, and I'm a collector of acropora, nearing 100 different kinds now....

Heres a pic of just a few, I have many different colors/kinds....

Very Very nice pics posted reefers!!

DSCN0150.jpg

DSCN0149.jpg

DSCN0152.jpg

DSCN0148.jpg

DSCN0111.jpg

DSCN0109.jpg

guess I'll stop there....

Glad to be a new member here;
Doc

Last edited:
Hey whats up Charlie!

Specs you say, well its made of glass with water in it....got a touch of salt in there to, somehow the corals grow...lol

I'm a collector of sps, and my wife and 6 year old son are keepers and collectors of soft corals....I'm a acro man myself! But we currantly have around 150 different kinds of SPS and Soft corals in our personal genetic bank.

Several systems, but the one you are looking at here is a 180 glass all SPS system with a 28 gallon refugium, a 29 gallon prop/xenia scrubber filter tank, and a 19 gallon cheato scrubber tank.

The pics I posted are over a year old or more...that was with them old crummy hamilton 14K bulbs (250 SE)....you should see them now!!! I Now am a large advocator of the 20K bulb with lots of vho (URI) actinics.....I run Radiums, and 20K XM's and love them!!

When I get time I'll get recent pics...

Thanks for the compliment!!

Doc

Thank you kindly my friend....!

I USE to hang at RC, but another found it fit I "moved on"....lol
Great people there, except a couple of tough sticks in high places...this place seems different thats why I'm going to start spending my time posting/learning/sharing whats made us successful keepers of SPS, here at RF....!

Happy reefing;
Doc

Thank you kindly my friend....!

I USE to hang at RC, but another found it fit I "moved on"....lol
Great people there, except a couple of tough sticks in high places...this place seems different thats why I'm going to start spending my time posting/learning/sharing whats made us successful keepers of SPS, here at RF....!

Happy reefing;
Doc

I too was an aspiring SPS keeper, check my gallery. had an unfortunate incident this summer that kind of blanked me out. I am going to rebuild, not bigger, but hopefully better.:oops:

Glad to hear of your dedication!!

But to be truthful if something is amiss in our systems, and goes wrong and death results....its not so much the dead coral/s that really bother me...its finding out exactly what went wrong, to prevent the episode from reaccuring....must be troublesome losing your acros and not knowing the cause...any suspicions, maybe I can help deduce a hypothosis...??

I've seen more and more people having trouble that was something so simple and overlooked...
example...for the first many years of my sps hobby I would often lose a colony here, and a frag there, tottally unexplainable...after water changes alot of corals would show stress, instead of relief...but one day I bought a REFRACTOMETER and found out my regular salinity meter, was way off!! I mean way way off! Most all regular salinity meters are off by a deadly margin...my tank appeared 1.025 with old meter, then got refractometer, and it was literally 1.032....so I now spread the word avidly for reefers to throw away them normal salinity meters, and get a refractometer, if you don't already have one!...Cost about $100 or less for a good one...but well worth it..

Truly sorry to hear of your loss Charlie!! If its any consultation red bugs and bad 14K shifting bulbs, cost us about $5,000...!! But I'm like you Learn and get up and keep going better and stronger!!

Doc

His blue mille was very impressive!!

Everybody is always asking me if I have a frag of a blue mille....I don't but would love to trade for one!! I have a blueberry prostrata which is similar....

Doc

I'll have to say, Wonder your acros are AWSOME!! What the heck are you reefers in Singapore doing to get them nice colors?? Come on now break out the secrets....American reefers want to know...lol..

Are you running 100% T-5 lighting?? What brands and combos of lighting do you have??

Doc

I'll have to say, Wonder your acros are AWSOME!! What the heck are you reefers in Singapore doing to get them nice colors?? Come on now break out the secrets....American reefers want to know...lol..

Are you running 100% T-5 lighting?? What brands and combos of lighting do you have??

Doc

Hi Doc, there is no secrets. The coral species itself is very important. Some coral can hold color very well while others just can't. I love milli a lot and when i spot any piece that i like. You know, i'll be begging/pay for a frag :oops:

Lighting hour is also very important IMO accordingly to my nutrients level(Maybe only applys to me)

I'm using 2 x 250watt BLV 14K and 6 x 39watt ATI T5 tube.

Oh ya, i try to take photos under T5 which make the colors glow.:D

The Blue milli is only nice when the polpy is retracted. (brown polpy). 1 mths ago photo. The growth is very fast !!! Enjoy :D
IMG_0532.jpg

Very nice, my overseas friend!!

Now you say ATI t-5 tubes right?? I have some GE t-5 tubes and I would even use them in my dog pen for a night light....let alone over my corals again bleaching them out...lol

Alot of reviews of T-5's...some say really good, some say terrible...must be the brand...Most reefers over seas use all T-5 set ups, with unreal colors...So I'm going to add a couple tubes over my 180 rare acro tank...

Now what kind of ATI tubes?? Whites/blues, or just all blues..? What are they called exactly...would like to study into them...

To bad singapore isn't in states or I would be hounding you about a frag trade...lol

So spongy are you a female reefer, hence doodette?? Where do live, states or overseas??

Doc

Back