acrylic help

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

busdriver

Hi,
I bought a 225 gal Tenecor that might need some work. The guy i bought it from said that he thought someone might have tried to pick it from that point... he thought it happened before it had water in it the last time...
I don't know....
I've never patched anything like this before and would like help and/or advice...
first question. does it need fixed?
2ns ? who can do it in the Spokane area?
here are the pix
DSCF0717.jpg

DSCF0716.jpg

DSCF0715.jpg

Last edited:
I would fix it, look for a local acrylic store get a piece same thickness,looks like u need 2" by 5" and glue flat on top make shure to be edge of tank to edge of hole.you also have to use weld on number 40 2 part,you can also fix seams by gluing square stock inside .The glue is key

Check with cfi. They may suggest you fill the tank with water and open up the crack before fixing. It looks like a stress crack on the brace. Give Kevin a call or pm Ed, they also can point you in the right direction for that side of the state.

Don

Marrkart, so get the same thickness as the tank and weld one 40 two-part should i ruff it up?
DonW, I'll check with them. I know/heard CFI does good work, but i didn't think it would be worth the drive for him...

Marrkart, so get the same thickness as the tank and weld one 40 two-part should i ruff it up?
DonW, I'll check with them. I know/heard CFI does good work, but i didn't think it would be worth the drive for him...

They will generally tell you how to fix it. Also search for nikkis thread her tank did the same thing. IIRC you want the crack open when the repair is made but verify that with CFI.

Don

I PM'd CFI, the day I got something from a place I found in town (he said he has been doing acrylic for 43 years) Jason messaged me back.
I did weld on 3 with a sryenge like the older fellow said. Jason said a new top would be best, but after that weld on 40 and a sheet of acrylic on top...
I did the WO 3, b/c I had it already. here are pix of the result...
I'm hoping that both work and it just depends on personal prefference. (like 6-8 T5 VS MH lights. both work and have different +s and -s )
DSCF0782.jpg

DSCF0784.jpg

DSCF0785.jpg

Back