Adding more sand

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Wow, I didn't mean to start this......

Since my tank is 125 gallons, I would think that it would be able to handle a heavier bioload than a 55 gallon tank, so I think that is why I haven't seen any more spikes in my water, everything is still at zero and the algae is gone since I am not feeding it 24 hours a day. The tank is now crystal clear. The owner of the fish store where I buy everything said that because my tank is so big that is probably why it has handled the fish so well. I don't plan on adding any more fish for a few more months, but do want to end up with a clown/anenome pair and maybe one more tang, but that is all, the rest are softies and corals.

All the books and info I have gotten from the store owner have stated that doing it too fast only causes problems, so I know that is not the way to go, but I'm not too sure about waiting 8 months in between adding a fish, maybe for a small/er tank, but anyway that was not the question here. Thanks again for your help and information!

I think that your tank will go through many changes as it matures, algae is one of the first, and theres many more that follow! Go slow dont get impatient. Best of luck to ya!
and welcome to RF..

IMHO, when it all boils down do what makes you happy! you know your tank better then we do, Go for it girl! have fun! this is one of the most rewarding but also tragic habits ive ever done. Be as wise as you can be! and post some pic's :)

Back