Adding Some More Livesand

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

thuynh37

Hi,

My 80g tank is running fine after 6 weeks. Currently I have live sand 90lbs. Is it possible adding more livesand to aquarium after finished cycling? If yes, please show me how to do it and which one is the best livesand for reef setup?

Thanks

What else is in the tank. Are you just looking to increase the depht of your sand or are you looking to increase the number of bugs in your sandbed? i added about 10 lbs of sand to my reef after it was a year old on top of my sandbed, all it did was cloud the water for a few hours. With live sand I would think it would be ok, but keep on top of your ammonia, nitite and nitrate tests.

I agree...I don't see it really being a problem if you are adding a new bag of live sand...You will be introducing more beneficial bacteria to your tank as well...Just my 2 cents worth. HTH :)

I agree, just add it over your existing sand. But don't add more than about a 1/2 inch at a time or you will kill off the sand underneath.

Now I have 7 damsels, 2 mushroom, 1 open brain coral, 1 Euphyllia ancora. Can I use a cup of coffee to add it at a time? I plan to add about 60lbs livesand, is it possible?

Back