Advice for breaking down and moving aquarium

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

Tanks is clear - fish are being social and eating. Water is still good and the few corals are full and happy. The only loss I'm noticing are the little white star fish and maybe a bumble bee snail or two. Been trying to play around with the LV placemnt and this is where we are now. Lots of little tunnels and fun. We have noticed that we need a LOT more light. Currenly only have 110 watts. All in time I suppose.

Here's tank 19 hours later.

Tankday2.jpg

don't mess with the water

from past experience and my brother's experience (who also tried well water)
the water is too important to fool around with. Use the best water/salt possible. The difference in your tank will be major by starting out with RO or RO/DI. You will have many problems using anything else and trying to "medicate" the water to bring it up to speed.

I bought a Water General (RO/DI) from Barrier and it works great! Can also order on line. Great investment.

Good luck

Thanks Flatteringchild. I suppose I forgot to provide my status on the water. We hired a person to help us with our set-up and he provided us with RO water. We added an additional 5 gallons that we picked up from a local shop.

Back