Advice - Twisted Anemone

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

M&M

I noticed that my anemome (Heteractis magnifica) has somehow managed to twist its foot almost 360 degrees. I assume I should carefully untwist him...right? Surely the constriction is going to do some harm sooner rather than later:confused: Has anyone seen this before? He is the size of a dinner plate and I can't imagine how he manged to turned himself almost full circle.:eek:

Pics attached.

Leave it be, the anemone will "right" itself eventually. This contortion is actually not damaging at all. My crispa does it occassionally.

I would however move those Xeniids, they will get zapped sooner or later. :idea:

Cheers
Steve

Like Steve said, leave it alone. There are no rigid structures inside the anemone, so it shouldnt suffer any damage.

Nick

I fourth it...I've seen them like that around reefs here and must be something they do for whatever reason...

ohh dood first krish, now you.
seriously guys you always send me to the bathroom

Just wear pampers Gabby...They make them for adults. I'm asking Santa for some(LOL) Sorry for the hijack M&M...I'll go punish myself...

Actually yes he did thanks for asking. Looks as healthy as ever.

Who's knows what goes on in there after the lights go out:shock:

LOL!!! yeah dood, usuallly is when all the corals get into the wild sexy party :D and probably yours just had to much of it :D

sorry to change the topic, it's a nice anemone btw, i noticed u have a bi color angel in there with xeina, i thought dwarf angels usually nipped xenia and clam mantles? just a lucky speciman or what's the deal with them exactly?

I bought the tank complete, Ebay. It was advertised as a reef tank so I assumed the inhabitants were reef safe and didn't know any better. Boy have I learned alot in the last six months! (Thanks RF) The bicolor might nip at any new corals a couple of times when their first introduced but he pretty much leaves them alone after that. I very rarely see him touch them. I must have gotten lucky with him. I also try to keep him content with a little dried seaweed every third day or so. Besides the xenia, I have green Nepthia, closed brain. Zoo's, finger leather, shrooms etc. All seem to be thriving so far.

Obviously things are really humming cause my anenome twisted again, like it did last summer. It twisted again so I just figured twister time was here........

snobanker said:
Obviously things are really humming cause my anenome twisted again, like it did last summer. It twisted again so I just figured twister time was here........
:) your Anenome is actually searching... for the best place for its growth / wellbeing (for lack of words ) they are amazing life forms.... IMO its doing good .... it will find the perfect spot in your tank..... even tho at times we think its not the perfect spot........ sorta like taking a dog out to do her business.... they wont go , unless the spot is perfect for them .... let us know how its doing in the future.... maybe take a series of pics in its moving around...? cw.

Back