Affixing Lr to acrylic?

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

silverwolf

I was woundering if it would be possible to attach LR directly to the back of my tank. Could I make a rock wall external with LR and epoxy and then epoxy the assemply to the rear wall or do think it would be to much weight to support? I've beel looking alot at some natural reefs I see alot of purly vertical walls and would like to replicat this in my tank if possible.

I've been wondering this for myself as well. I was thinking about getting a small sheet of acrylic and drilling holes into it. Then getting some extra pieces of LR (thin/flat) and using zip-ties to hold the rocks. I would then "hang" that false wall onto the back of my tank. This would allow me to cover the top 1/3 of my tank with out having to stack the rock straight up. Any one want to give an opinion on this? BTW, mine is an AGA tank if that make much difference.

I think if you could hang it from the edge of a glass tank it would work, mines acrylic and has a large support plate across the top but it does give me an idea of drilling the top and suspending the wall from there. Of course this whole soldid wall would cause some problems with not being able to move corals around or being removed from the tank. Hmmmmm

Maybe you can just use some nylon hardware from Home Depot to attach the wall to the overhang. Or maybe just use some hooks so the wall can be easily removed. I'm sure you can find something that would work.

I love how that looks in your tank, but it's a little late now for me to do that :) I think it would be easy enough to just attach a few pieces of LR and hang 'em. Looks sweet though.

Back