Aggressive Fish!

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

probe dms

Hey peoples. can yall help me out with a list of aggressive fish. i just got royal dottyback and he straight up made me flush my striped damsel. dude was done for. so i still have a blue damsel who seems to be holding his own, i guess. well see in the am. any how i know his tank partners gotta be debo's also. (yall know the movie friday right?)

I am not really sure what you are looking for, but the next time you get rid of a fish just bring it back to the LFS to donate it so that you are not killing lives. You wouldnt just through away your dog becuase you didnt want it anymore...

Good luck

-augustus

if my dog looked like my damsel. no bottom fins. no left eye. and he was stuck to the filter intake. id flush his #$% too. now hows about that list. you seem to have nuff experience balogh03

Oh. :p

Okay, i am sorry, that sounds okay. there are just alot of people THAT would flush a good fish just because they dont like it.

God luck

-augustus

Hey peoples. can yall help me out with a list of aggressive fish. i just got royal dottyback and he straight up made me flush my striped damsel. dude was done for. so i still have a blue damsel who seems to be holding his own, i guess. well see in the am. any how i know his tank partners gotta be debo's also. (yall know the movie friday right?)

Need tank size, quantity of refuge area such as live rock and or plants, and other fish. Also need to know if you want an aggressive fish type tank or it was accidental.

it was accidental. my son wanted him. hes really pretty. all i have is a 12 gallon nano with a blue damsel a piece of live rock. like 4 pounds, a sally light foot and a hermit crab. oh and about 2.5 inches of live sand. no plants. one anemone.

OK, with so little refuge in a nano, not many fish to add. You could probably get away with a Gold Stripe maroon clown if it acclimated to it's home quickly and perhaps adopted the anemone. Most small fish are not that tough, the tough ones such as triggers, groupers, some tangs and angels get large fast. A dwarf lion fish needs a lot of attention. Maybe adding a different damsel once the water was ready would make everyone happy?

Last edited:
just got a clown and a rather big domino (5 dollars and my favorite out of them all). the dottyback its chilling under the live rock, he made a little cave. everyone seems to be doing well. more updates later

Peace at last?:) Adding two fish at the same time in a nano will tax the bilogical filtration and re-start the cycling. Keep up the weekly water changes.:idea:

Test kits for Ammonia, nitrites and nitrates are best, but in their absence, yeah weekly 25% change wouldn't be a bad idea. More live rock would also help.

Back