Aiptasia on SPS Rock

Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum

Help Support Reef Aquarium & Tank Building Forum:

trillyen

what???
Will the aiptasia kill the SPS, i have 2 peppermint shrimp in the tank for aiptasia, but they havent found it yet, i know p shrimp may eat the sps polyps but ive had good luck with them so far, plus they are well fed

Can i cut it off, or use joes juice near the sensitive sps or stlyaphora i have,same thing right!!!

thanks!!!

You should be fine with the joes juice near the corals.

Try not to get any Joe's juic on the coral. It can bleach out the coral if left on it. I killed off some sections of some of mine by leaving the joe's juice on it too long.
-chris

eww ok thanks for the tip guys

to day when i got up it looked like the aiptasia was attaching itsself to another rock near by the rock its on.

i hope it moves over alot, so that my p shrimp can get it.

thanks FAM.

Hello.

Give it more time.

I have tons of aptasia on my tank... maybe around 60 on a 40g breeder. Added 3 pepermint shrimp. It seems that they dont touch it but after several months, its almost gone... Now i see 1 or 2.

I like this approach because.
1) its more natural and no chemicals
2) shrimps looks cool to watch.

Good luck...

in my 125 gallon i had an out break and it seemed like as soon as i put the p shrimp in there the next day i hardly saw any, but of course in my reef tank i cant be that lucky!!!

wish i could catch the one in my fowlr tank, and switch them out cause the one in my fowlr tank leaves no rock unturned, lol

thanks for the comment though, i really dont wanna use joes juice either, and you dont know how right you are as far as the p shrimp being natural!!!

thz because i had no idea what it looked like and i googled adn got nothing.

Peppermint shrimp are pretty good at getting rid of the stuff and they save you the hassle of trying to inject or cover the aptasia.

on an occasion, usually after adding somthing new, i get a few aptasia's i just go get a couple and within a few weeks they are all gone.

http://viewmorepics.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewPicture&friendID=75158006&albumId=1128837
l_2c9c64e2a8365ffc6661d335e8c35b6d.jpg

Back